Reload this Page >

Toy Stores in France

Search

Toy Stores in France

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Stacey

Toy Stores in France

Does anyone know of a toy store where I may find a large selection of items in either Paris or Nice? I want games in French - not English.<BR><BR>Merci!

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Sue

Le Nain Bleu in Paris.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 04:21 PM
xxx

Au Nain Bleu

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 06:12 PM
shannon

I was a little disappointed in Au Nain Bleu, only because it did not have a large selection and was very expensive. We found the toy sections in Au Printemps and Galleries Lafayette to be terrific, large selections, and better priced.<BR><BR>The pedestrian zone in Nice has one or two small toy stores, but the most enjoyable one we visited, which had a Tickle Me Elmo talking in French, was on Rue D'Antibes in Cannes.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Lexma90

In the duty-free shop that had toys in Charles de Gaulle airport, I noticed several French versions of games (in French); the only one a specifically remember is Monopoly.<BR><BR>I agree - your regular department stores will likely be your best bet for games.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 11:09 PM
PB

There are "Toys-R-Us" stores in France as well... they have large selections of all sorts of games.<BR><BR>You can check their website for locations: www.toysrus.fr<BR><BR>PB

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 02:45 AM
Andre

Stacey,<BR><BR>I would second the recommendations for Printemps & Galleries Lafayette.<BR><BR>On the Rive Gauche, there's a cluster of stores catering to children on the rue Vavin and rue Brea, near the Luxembourg gardens. You'll find 2 toy stores as well as a "FNAC Junior" store with kids' books and perhaps board games.<BR><BR>Also, I think the Bon Marche department store has a pretty good toy section in the basement.<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 05:08 AM
Gretchen

On the l'Ile de St. Louis on the street running down the center of the island (rue l'Ile de St. Louis ?) there is a nice little toy shop about 2 blocks down on the left. Small but packed. I bought Babar card game there--not sure about other games.