Tours

May 19th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Tours

Our cruise ship stops in Naples near the end of June. They have a tour that goes to Pompeii, Positano, and then by boat to Capri, ending up back in Naples by hydrofoil. This is a full day tour. The tour is full. Are there Vendors near the cruise ships that would provide this type of tour.
May 19th, 2007, 09:20 AM

Have been on many a cruise. There are always tour kosicks once you get off the ship. Many travel experts strongly suggest that one does not purchase tours on board. It costs more due to their "take" of the profits. The cruise line tends to scare passengers with the line" You may not get back on time"
May 19th, 2007, 09:25 AM

While I would say go for it with the local tour operators when you get off the ship, just be very catutious. If your separately booked tour is late, the cruise company will not take responsibility for it, since you didn't book it through them. You might end up having to play "catch up with the boat" without your passport (And no I don't work for a cruise line!) You might want to consider a half day excursion if you'd like to go on a non-cruise ship excursion. That way you can be back on the boat in enough time, even in the case of a delay.
May 19th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Also be aware of insurance for the excursions not sponsored by the cruiseline. Extra trip insurance should cover any "problems" but cruise lines hold no responsibility.
May 19th, 2007, 03:23 PM

Hi Hd4me,

If the cruise ship is offering all 3 in one day - you will not be spending very long anywhere!

I would go on your own, but limit it to Pompeii and Positano, or Capri. If you try to do it all, you will enjoy nothing!

Buon viaggio
May 21st, 2007, 01:33 AM

Hi Hd4 - I'd second Dayle's suggestion. Pick 2 from three ...

Steve