Tours

Jun 14th, 1998, 02:47 PM
jack mcginty

Tours

Considering a 14-17 day tour to England,Ireland and Scotland. Have review several tour agencies brochures. Would be appreciative of any comments regarding overall quality of a particular tour. Looking at quality of side tours, convenience and quality, food, competance of tour director, etc. Thank you

Jun 14th, 1998, 02:57 PM
Marty

The first time we went to London, we used Globus and were very pleased with them. There were no meals included in our tour, so I can't comment on that. The guides were very good and very thoughtful; they had a help desk set up in our hotel. We stayed at the Park Court across the Bayswater Street from Kensington Gardens. The hotel was good with a filling breakfast included. It was very near the Bayswater tube station. They met us at the airport and got us to our destination. They included a half day tour which got our feet wet, and then we were on our own. I had no complaints, and we thought it was a good value for our money.

Jun 14th, 1998, 05:41 PM
Donna

We love Trafalgar. I always look up all the hotels (their amenities, reviews, and locations) and think that the hotels used by Trafalgar are better located and somewhat nicer than the ones on the Globus Tours. We've also found Trafalgar to be an excellent value for the dollar.

Jun 15th, 1998, 04:30 AM
Pam

I took a 19 day tour with Globus of England, Scotland & Wales. Like the previous poster, I stayed at the Park Court Hotel (very nice location) before embarking on the tour. My tour had some meals included (all breakfasts, no lunches and some dinners). I found that generally the food was good, but not exceptional, unless I opted for an "optional excursion" which included dinner. Then, I was very pleased with the quality. The hotels we stayed in were, on the average, very nice - with some being fabulous and some I'd rather forget! I have nothing but good things to say about Globus, both the tour guide and the coach driver were wonderful. The itinerary was well thought out and we had enough free time were you could unwind some and not feel like you were constantly being "herded" from one site to another! Enjoy yourself!

Jun 15th, 1998, 12:05 PM
robbie

Dear Jack

My husband and I returned 3 weeks ago from a Globus Tour called the Highlights of Britain and Ireland. This tour was for 16 days and then we stayed an additional 3 days in London at the end of the tour by ourselves. Globus handled all our plane arrangements from our home city and the addtional nights accommadations on the extra 3 days we stayed on in London. We were a little worried about taking a tour to begin with but I did extensive research of all the tour companies and found Globus offered more for the money. And after talking to some people on other tours we seen more on this tour than they did on compariable tours with other companies. We had breakfasts and some dinners included. The meals were very good and the hotels were great. Our tour director Paul was the greatest. He was very knowledgable about all the sites we saw. Our driver Clive was super. My husband and I worried that we would probably not fit in well being younger than I had heard tour groups to be. It did not matter. We were the youngest couple on the tour but we had the greatest time I can remember ever having on vacation. We had never met any of the people we toured with before this tour. We had a great bunch and I feel fortunate to have met them all. Some of my favorite highlights of the tour 1) Ireland Blarney Castle and walking to the top of the Castle to kiss the stone 2) Guinness you will never drink a better glass of dark beer 3) The Ring of Kerry drive and Dingle Bay 4) Bath 5) Stonehenge 6) looking out our hotel room at the Avon in Stratford 7)Crossing the Irish Sea 8) Findng my granmothers coat of arms in Dublin 9) The Lake District 10) Edinburgh Castle. Everything on this tour was well thought out and the optional excursions were great. We will travel with Globus again. Hope this helps.