Reload this Page >

Touring Southern Spain for a week to Learn Spanish

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2000, 08:30 AM
Tomas

My 15 year old son and I will be flying into Barcelona December 16 and flying out of Madrid December 23rd. We are both beginner Spanish students and want as much opportunity as possible to interact in Spanish. <BR>I was thinking of: <BR>-seeing the Roman ruins in Tarragona on day 1 <BR>-staying in a pension in or near Granada for 2 or 3 nights <BR>-maybe skiing Sierra Nevada if they get snow <BR>-spinding the last night in Toledo before driving the rental car to the Madrid airport <BR>-we are not interested in the big cities <BR>Thanks in advance, <BR>Tomas

Old Dec 9th, 2000, 06:28 PM
xxx

For whatever it's worth I also loved Ronda and Segovia which are not on your list.

Old Dec 9th, 2000, 06:29 PM
xxx

P.S. Did you have a QUESTION? If so, ask it, so the responses might be mor what you want.

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 06:07 AM
Maira

Thomas--- you have share your upcoming travel plans and I will like to comment on them. I believe you are trying to do way to much on 8 days. You certainly have wonderful sightseeing plans, but traveling between Barcelona-Madrid- Granada by car, including a trip to the mountains of Sierra Nevada on one December week may prove a bit too ambitious, not impossible, but every plan should always include a time allowance for incidentals and I don't see that on yours. Could you clarify, maybe? <BR> <BR>DEC 16 Arrival to Barcelona <BR>DEC 17 Day trip to Tarragona <BR>DEC 18 Drive to Toledo <BR>DEC 19 Toledo <BR>DEC 20 Drive to Granada <BR>DEC 21 Granada <BR>DEC 22 Sierra Nevada <BR>DEC 23 Departure <BR> <BR>Is this what you are proposing? If it is, you may want to leave Sierra Nevada on another trip. Spain is a wonderful country, you will want to go back.

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 06:14 AM
J

Sincerely, with that itinerary you will only be practicing Spanish with each other in the car.