Touring le marche

Search

Touring le marche

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Touring le marche

Just arrived at the country house we booked for a week near Macerata and it is awful . Wanted to use it as a base to explore the area. Considering leaving but need some guidance. The hotel is a lot of the trip for me, great not necessarily luxury just fun, nice comfortable . Any suggestions?
Old Mar 28th, 2016, 09:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ah, Italy, I'd drop a note to the eds to get the country link.

I'd start by discussing with your host, what you expected and what you are receiving. Be very clear.

Think how much of your holiday you want to invest in this issue.

If nothing can be resolved, is there an alternative place to stay?
Old Mar 28th, 2016, 10:14 AM

Now that's a real bummer when you're in a foreign country or even domestic...a less than desirable lodging!

You might look into staying in nearby RSM (San Marino). We stopped there in time for the semi-annual Induction of a new President. Very colorful and were were impressed with the town. It's high on the hill and the parking garages have swift elevators to take you to the top level, the town itself. Other than that, south of Ravenna on the Adriatic Coast there are countless beach villages all the way to Ancona. I know of none by name anywhere in Le Marche region.

Good luck, I wish I could help! Keep us posted.
Old Mar 28th, 2016, 10:53 AM

Please bear in mind it can be quite chilly this time of year. En route to Croatia by ferry from Ancona, we ran into some winter weather and it was early April...even had snow in Croatia.

In post above, meant to write south of Rimini to Ancona, along the coast.
Old Mar 28th, 2016, 11:54 AM

Not sure how you define a 'country house', but there is a lot of accommodation in the area of Macerata if you had been looking forward to exploring that area. I would look on booking.com and airbnb to see what is available.

But I would also discuss with your present hosts what it is that you find "awful" -- if it can be changed. But if it is more the case that it isn't the class of lodging you were expecting, then tell the owners you regret there has been a mistake, and ask for a partial refund.

If you decide to leave, refund or no, before locking anything in with the next place, drive over and see it.