Tour Group or Go it Alone?

Nov 5th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Tour Group or Go it Alone?

I will have no problem dealing with Istanbul independently, but I seek advice on whether to join a tour group for tourism outside of Istanbul. Do I need someone who speaks the language and can advise on what to eat, or can I manage by myself?
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:27 PM

Dear Gary
I am a tour guide in turkey actually everyone speaks english you can do that free of problems the food is very nice in turkey,you can manage by your self don't worry all the best in turkey I am sure you will love this country in case if you come to cappadocia get in touch sam I am
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:30 PM

Dear Gary2244

I am sure you WON'T have any problem with or without tour group Only difference if you trip by your self you may pay little bit higher then group tour but ADVANTAGE to travel by your self is you can see many places IF you organize your trip well. You will experience many DELICIOUS MEALS in Turkey some time you may eat your finger(This is the Turkish expression means the story came from old old fathers. In Old time they were eating their meal with finger they were not using any modern tools like spoon of fork so when they were eating really delicious food sometime they bit finger). Any how I am sure you will bite your finger TOO.

There are many places or town not effected by the tourism or Tourist so if you go to these town you may not see anypeople speak your language BUT you will see that they are very helpful

DON'T WORRY go to Turkey and FUN with Turkish people around you.

Sinan
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:57 PM

It's a few years ago, but after Istanbul, we flew to Antalya, then picked up a car there and drove up the coast. Last stop Bursa; where we got the hydrofoil back to Istanbul. Absolutely no difficulty along the way... and we didn't have reservations in most places. (But as I said.. it was about 8 years ago.)
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:26 PM

You can manage by yourself. It is easy enough to get around by bus or plane.
Nov 17th, 2003, 11:20 AM

Hi Garry2244,

If you are not on tight budget my recommendation would be definatelly Go it Alone and take trav el agency services where necessary. Daily private tours are popular and easy to arrange specially with the right agencies. Its much more fun and exclusive. Means of transportation possibilities are plenty, most people will speak enough english to be able to communicate and indulge yourself into local culture...

Have fun and great time in Turkey

Should you have spesific questions related your itinerary do not hesitate to ask here or e-mail me...

[email protected]