Tour from Sorrento italy

Search

Tour from Sorrento italy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2019, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tour from Sorrento italy

I’m planning a trip to Rome, Naples with three women and then two of us will go onto Palermo. I have been many times to this area and always do my research and off i go but this time seeing I’m showing these women around looked up tours one was Tony’s taxi’s would leave from Sorrento but seems really expensive €100 euro cash transport then €50p/hour goes for 7 hours to show us Positano and Amalfi and our towns around that area. I think I will do it my way train from Naples to Sorrento look around Sorrento and have lunch then the next day bus from Sorrento to Amalfi May go to Capri if we have time stop at Positano on the way back if not do Positano another day what do you think?
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 12:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Regardless of how good or bad Tony's Taxi is, it's still expensive. and the car can't move any quicker down the coast road than everyone else can. Providing you get your bus timings right, I'd go for that, or maybe one of the ferries that sail up and down the AC. If you do want a car, then use the ordinary taxis and you won't be spending €50 an hour for the car to sit waiting for you while you have lunch or wander around. Even if you only take an hour eating, it adds that amount to your food bill.
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 04:43 AM

How many days are you going to be in Sorrento? I usually do one day to Amalfi and Positano - take the ferry one way and the bus the other (and the bus between them). On another day do Capri, obviously by ferry. If you are reasonably fast you can actually enjoy Positano, Amalfi and Ravello all on the same day. I would take the ferry (it leaves Sorrento around 9:30) to Amalfi (it stops at Positano but don't get off, just enjoy the view of it as you go in and out of the harbor). Visit Amalfi, take the bus up to Ravello (and back down - I have actually walked down but that takes several hours so if trying to do all three on one day you won't have time). Then take the bus to Positano, visit that, and then last bus back to Sorrento.
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 05:36 AM

I prefer Isabel’s plan.
I absolutely abhor busses and love being on the water on the AC, though some bus time for the views is OK. I also would combine Amalfi with Positano and make Capri a separate day.

Getting around is easy from Sorrento, and having one base is always easier, but You could work out times, take the ferry from Naples to Capri and spend a night there or go to Capri from Sorrento and spend a night, then ferry to Naples the next morning.

Another option. Train from Naples to Salerno. Work your way back from there. Are you going to Pompeii, Herculaneum or Paestum?
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 03:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks we are based in Naples so will have around 2 days to see Sorrento,Amalfi,Positano and that’s a good idea to catch the ferry from Sorrento . Does the ferry only leave at 930am? or would there be another one?
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 03:47 AM
Original Poster

I have been and 2 are only holidaying in Italy for 12days this time hope they will come back