Too Much Tuscan Sun?

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 06:31 AM
help?

Too Much Tuscan Sun?

I read about a book on the Chicago Tribune called Too Much Tuscan Sun where can I find it?

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 06:34 AM
????

?????

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Jennie

Ummm . . . there's a book called "Under the Tuscan Sun" by Frances Mayes. Could this be the book you're thinking of?

If not, try Amazon.com. I hear they have a lot of books on that site. ;0)

Jennie

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 06:52 AM
xxx

Isn't that the name of the book that Dario (a tour guide in Tuscany) wrote? Dario fans, can you help this person find the book?

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 07:24 AM
mmmm

THe book isn't out yet in the book stores but can be ordered directly from Dario I think he has a sort of 'special edition' that you can order directly from him

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 07:36 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Yes, That is Dario's book which is not out yet---I cannot wait. I have ordered one of his special edition copies thru his site. Meanwhile, if you love Tuscany, get " Vanilla Beans & Brodo" by Isabella Dusi thru amazon.com.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Suepondrow

I met Dario (thanks to Fodors) and he read a chapter when we were having lunch under a maple tree overlooking the most beautiful valley in Tuscany. It was hilarious, you can order the book if you contact Dario at [email protected] . Specify that you are friends of Sue that Dario took out 2 weeks ago

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 09:18 AM
inquiring minds

Did Dario write his book in English, or in Italian and then have it translated for an English version?

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 01:01 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Dario speaks perfect english--I think he grew up in the UK. However, I think he may have a partner on the book.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 01:07 PM
jamie

Another Dario fan here! The book is in English, yes Dario speaks fluent English
I think it was written together with an American author

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Francine

I think the other author is called Robert Rodi from Chicago which explains why you read about it on the Chicago news. I have ordered the book through Dario directly

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 02:24 PM
xxx

Dear Sue,
I hope Dario's girlfriend is not the jealous (or revengeful) type!

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:51 PM
Sue

I mean Dario took me and my husband out on one of his tours. We even met his girlfriend (wife?) later on during the day,and she is really quite beautiful

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 06:01 AM
confused

So,whats all this about? who is Dario, an author ? a guide? what is this book about?

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Jenny

You know what I'm going to order it, I have read so many posts about him on this site that the guy intrigues me. Anyone else?
I have read Under the Tuscan Sun and a book called Too Much Tuscan Sun sounds pretty curious

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Jenny

I ordered it! if you contact Dario at [email protected] he will reply directly, can't wait to read it!

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 01:06 AM
DDDD

Are we talking about the same Dario that often answers threads on this site? I have read an article about him on the Toledo Blade, they really give him full marks, I did'nt realize though that he had written a book, at least it wasn't mentioned on the article

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 01:23 AM
Cristina

I am one of the lucky who have read the entire book. He loaned me a final draft and I sat down the next afternoon to read it, knowing that I would never finish it before he needed it back the following day since I have two toddlers who keep me quite busy. Well it was so good that I never put it down. Finished the whole book (the first I have read cover to cover since my oldest was born)in record time. I laughed throughout and got teary eyed at the end. It is well written and a wonderful insight into us Americans.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:40 AM
Vanessa

I also met Dario on a tour of Chianti, my opinion is that he is simply adorable, he read us a chapter and I was just crying with laughter the whole time. I really hope that it makes the book stores in the US, in the meantime I am on his list for an autographed copy!

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 03:36 AM
Janice

Another lucky one that read the book, I was touring with Dario for 3 days so he left me the original manuscript to read in the evenings, I was so stunned that an Italian can write like an English novel-pro writer. I think we have an upcoming best seller. You may think that I am crazy but I orderd 10 copies to give as gifts. Hurray for Dario

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -