Too hot in July?

May 16th, 2001, 06:00 AM
AMy

Too hot in July?

We would like to cvisit Turkey(turkish riviera) with our kids, but I was told it may be too hot. Has anyone been there in summer?

May 16th, 2001, 11:20 AM
Susan

We were there in September. In Kalkan, we were told that it had gotten up to 42 Celsius or higher in July! That's too hot for me.

Jun 15th, 2001, 02:18 AM
Leo

I was there this april/may and it was 30C. already, so be sure to bring your
after-sun!!
If you get a sunburn anyway, buy "Bepanthol" in the local drugstore, i used it, and it was amazing how fast it reliefed the pain.

Be very carefull when your kids are outside all day. It's easy to catch a sunburn, even being in the shadow.(seawind)
I KNOW!!
Take care, Leo

Jun 27th, 2001, 03:31 AM
Firat

visit istanbul.

Aug 30th, 2001, 10:19 AM
Marty

On one of my trips to Turkey we spent some time in Antalya in August (my teenage daughter had to do the beach thing)- it wasn't bad...out on the beach - the breeze off the water, a cold bottle of water and a beach umbrella - was wonderful, then some side trips to Perge, Aspendos Theatre, the waterfalls (Duiden (sp?) and Manavgat),and a hiking trip up the mountain to Terremissos. Go for it. . . we had a wonderful time, just take along some cold bottled water, but I'd say that for anywhere you went in Turkey anyway. . .

Sep 5th, 2001, 07:50 PM
Ken

we were in Istanbul this past July....It was very hot but we managed by napping every afternoon and drinking lots of water....a/c a must in your hotel...Ken