Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is Zakopane worth a visit to when in Poland?

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 11:34 AM
John G

I will be traveling to Krakow in mid-October and was wondering if Zakopane is worth a visit? What are some activities that can be done there in October?

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 02:11 PM
Art

Hi John, we will be in poland on Monday for several days. I do not know if we will have time to get to Zakopane, but others here have mentioned that is is very nice. Maybe someone else will see this.
Regards,
Art

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 02:41 PM
Lou

Zakopane is a beautiful little ski village. I don't know about skiing that time of year, but I think it is worth the trip either way. I was there last summer. It was a really nice break from the cities. You can take a cable car up to the mountains, along the border of Slovakia, and just enjoy the beautiful views of mountains, lakes, and trees. If you go, don't forget to buy a little lamb (you'll understand.)

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 07:05 PM
Linda

Zakopane is a nice day trip from Krakow. It is a pretty town with nice scenery. You can walk & shop and/or ride the cable car up into the Tatras. It is a popular resort village for the Poles.