Reload this Page >

?$ to take to Scandinavia

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Judy

Hello friends, my husband and I usually take a few hundred dollars the currency of the country we are visiting. Am I correct in understanding that not many of the Scandinavian countries(and we are going to all of them) have gone to the Euro. So must we do this for each of the countries we are going to visit as well as Russia or is there a better method? <BR> thanks, Judy

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:59 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>Finland has adopted the Euro.<BR><BR>Sweden, Norway, Denmark are still using the original krones.<BR><BR>I would take just a few krones for the first country, then use ATM's as required.<BR><BR>The exchange rates for cash are not very good across Scandinavia.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old May 10th, 2002, 03:19 AM
Judy

Any other comments? thanks, Peter.

Old May 10th, 2002, 03:48 AM
Julie

The eurozone countries are listed below and in these countries the Euro is legal tender. Finland is the only Scandinavian country which is part of the eurozone. So for Finland you will need Euros. For the other countries in Scandinavia you will need the local currency and/or credit cards. Perhaps, the only other option is to exchange money once you are there.<BR><BR>AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, IRELAND, ITALY, LUXEMBOURG, NETHERLANDS, PORTUGAL, SPAIN <BR><BR>To get an idea what the euro notes and coins look like you can go to the European Central Bank site and take a look.<BR>http://www.ecb.int/pub/pdf/eurobren.pdf<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old May 10th, 2002, 04:13 AM
xxx

Judy, what more comments are you looking for. You have received the total answer of which countries use what currency. You've also received the ideal answer for all your money problems. Take a few dollars worth of Krones for the first country (if you are the worry-wort type). Other than that use your ATM card to withdraw money from your checking account as you enter each country. And use your credit card for as many purchases as possible. I'm not sure what more anyone can tell you.

Old May 11th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Melanie

To xxx - Relax - this is a travel forum - an exchange of thoughts and opinions.