Search

to paule - from paule

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to paule - from paule

paule,
Are you really "paule"? Because that is my name, too. Are you French, French-born? I've never met another Paule, and it's very odd to see my name in another person's post!
Would love to "hear" from you!
Paule
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:34 PM

I'm Paula...does that count too? My mother used to tell me that Paula was a French name, but I've since discovered it's Spanish, which makes sense for me since I've fallen in love with Spain (though I'm in love with France and Italy too).
Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:50 AM
Original Poster

Hi, Paula,
Well, of course you "count" as 'Paula'. But I was amazed to find someone on the board who also spells their name P-a-ul-e.

I've spent a lifetime (50+ years) explaining to people that "My name is Paula with an 'e'" and telling them that I was named for a friend of the family who was French. I've NEVER met anyone else who spells their name that way. Of course, I live in the US. If I lived in a French language based country, I'd probably know many people. But that's the point. To see someone else on Fodors with MY spelling amazed me. And I am wondering who this other "Paule" is.
Paule
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:55 AM

Hi,
<If I lived in a French language based country, I'd probably know many people.> It is no that common, much less than Paul. There are a few Marie-Paule as well.
My mother's name is Paulette, but most of her friends call her Paula.
As for the Spanish Paula, it sounds more like Paola not like Pola.
Hope you'll find the other Paula here!
coco
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

Hi, Coco,
I didn't know how common or not the name "paule" is in France, but it's more common than it is in the U.S.!

You know how personalized objects are popular with kids? Things like necklaces, bracelets, or mini-license plates with names written on them? If your name was "Mary", there is no problem finding anything! When I grew up, nothing ever had my name spelled correctly. When I went to France 30 years ago for the first time, I was finally able to buy a small object with MY name on it. That was thrilling for me, and I still have a little painted bowl from Brittany with "Paule" on it.

So Paule, if you're there, say hello!
Paule
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:42 AM

I still have a little bowl as well with Corinne on it ;-) and one of my kids likes to drink his morning milk out of it.
I didn't check them but I just found a few websites with a person named Paule...
www.paulesalomon.org/
www.paule-vasseur.com/
www.paule-latorre.com/
and the famous http://mariepaulebelle.site.voila.fr/
a 70's singer.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Coco,
Those bearing the name of "Paule" seem to be interesting and dynamic women - I'm in good company, at least!
Thanks for the links.
Paule
Old May 7th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

So I'm still wondering...is there anothr P-a-u-l-e on this board, or was this other paule so taken by the spelling of my name, that she (or he, I suppose) "borrowed" it. That seems to be a stretch, but I'm still wondering....

Paule
(one of two?)