Reload this Page >

To jacuzzi or not in October

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 10:04 PM
marian

Sorry about the seeming frivolty of this question but since I am traveling to Santorini for my honeymoon in October, I am worried that it will be too cold to be in any water - sea or pool. It seems such a pity (and a little cruel) to be surrounded by such beautiful water and not touch any water at all, thus the jacuzzi question. Is it worth trying to find a hotel with a jacuzzi, assuming Greek jacuzzis are with warm/hot water. Any advice is welcome.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 01:45 PM
soph

most beaches will still be warm- jacuzzi not necessary & probably rare to find. Stay in Ia, Santorini by far the nicest & most romantic. Katikies is my fav hotel & one of the most luxurious on the island. Have a great time!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 03:46 PM
marian

Thanks for the advice Sophie. You sound like a seasoned Greece traveler. The Katikies is unfortunately booked solid but I wanted to ask you if it's worth going to their gourmet out-door(?)restaurant. From the picture it seems like a nice way to view the sunset that everyone raves about in Ia. Their pool looks so amazing...do they only let guests use it or can outsiders pay to use it? In any case, thanks for your input.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Sue

Hi,<BR><BR>Try the Esperas. the pool is not quite as amazing, but the terraces are huge and the view as spectaular. I have stayed at both hotels and think both are wonderful. Also try the web site for the Chromata, www.chromata.net It has the same infinity pool as the Katikies. I have not stayed there but it looks great.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 04:36 PM
marian

Thanks Sue,<BR>I actually have a reservation at Astra (in Imeroviglia)but was toying with the idea of splurging at a luxury hotel for our last night in Oia, hence the Katikies question. Since you have experience both the apartments and luxury hotel scenario, could you tell me if there was a big difference? Which did you enjoy more? And is it worth staying in 2 different places for just 3 nights or should we just stay put and not worry about it!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 04:50 PM
soph

Marian, I have not personally stayed in Astra but my cousin stayed there for her honeymoon & loved it. & I have not eaten in Katikies but yes it looks very romantic. I did like many of the restaurants in Ia such as 1800 (my favorite) & Kastro (also w/an amazing view of Ia's famous sunset- but you must book in advance to get reservations for sunset). In Fira, Sphinx & Selene were good restaurants. But, I found dining in Santorini to be very pricey in comparison to other islands. I dont recommend staying in Katikies for 1 night if youre only staying 3 cuz it'll be too much of a hassle (it is very hard getting around those rocky sidewalks & going down all those stairs w/luggage) And sorry the Katikies pool is for guests only.