To Europe via Boston

Search

To Europe via Boston

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Europe via Boston

Considering a trip to Europe. Waited a bit too long and now the direct flights from my airport are outrageous. So now considering connecting thru Boston on AA with 1.5 hours in between. Is this doable? Not worried about return - 4.5 hrs in between. Figure even if immigration/cusotms take awhile, I should still have plenty of time.

Other choices include connecting thru Philly (I hate goiong thru Philly) or Chicago (same thing).
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 03:45 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
I would think 1 1/2 hours is plenty if you're not changing airlines. Generally, if they'll sell you a connecting ticket, it's a legal and doable connection.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 03:57 PM

I just did the exact same thing 1 month ago. AA lands and departs from the same terminal. In our case, the SFO flight landed right next to the gate the Paris flight departed from. Unless your flight is 1 hr late, you won't have any problems.

You will have to change terminals on the way back.

Stu Dudley
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 07:57 AM

If you're coming from the West Coast (you didn't say), do consider spending the night in Boston. We just did SF to Paris to Petersburg, and it was a brutal experience.
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 11:18 AM
DiG

Hi nibblette:
Are you arriving on AA?
If so, StuDudley is correct. You will land and depart from Terminal B and 1.5 hrs is plenty of time.

On your return thru 'Logan', your international arrival will be into Terminal E.
Your best option will be to take the free shuttle from T-E to T-B for your flight home.

If you have time to use, visit the 'Boston Landings' in T-C. It has shops, eateries, a 'Borders' Book store, a walk-in salon, and a mini spa.

If nothing else, you'll surely get to stretch your legs. Unfortunately, the lockers at 'Logan' are still unavailable.

When are you coming to Boston? I ask because 'Logan' is to be used as a demo for a new security procedure this Fall.
security
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 11:38 AM

We're taking the same flights in September...! You mention immigration and customs taking a while but you don't do that before the Paris flight do you?
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 11:59 AM
ira

Hi Lois,

You don't go through customs and immigration until you *arrive* in a country.

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 12:18 PM
DiG

At'Logan'if you're going on an international flight, the TSA people may come over and ask to see your pasport. You will want to check in at your gate before preboarding begins.

Immigration & customs will happen after
you land in Paris.