Reload this Page >

To Chur or not to Chur?

Search

To Chur or not to Chur?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:44 PM
Mme. J

To Chur or not to Chur?

I'm planning on taking a day trip from Zurich to Chur to visit a modern thermal spa there. Is it worth my time? I plan on spending the second half of my day in Luzern. I don't want to travel all that way just to go to a spa for a few hours. Anything worth seeing there? What do you suggest?

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 05:08 AM
chur

I have the same ??

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:05 AM
Been there

I take it that the spa is in a place called Vals, which is up the Valley from Chur.If so, definitely go.The Spa itself is pretty impressive, but its location, is excellent.Plenty of walking trails and a pretty mountain village which is not over run by masses of people.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 01:03 PM
Ingo

Hi,<BR><BR>A day trip to Chur and the thermal spa in Vals takes a full day - there is no chance to spend "the second half of the day in Lucerne".<BR><BR>Chur itself is worth a visit. A very old town with narrow cobbled streets, a cathedral, nice museums etc.<BR><BR>Vals is a small and picturesque village. The architecture of the spa is really outstanding - very modern.<BR><BR>I think both Chur and Vals are not "must sees" in Switzerland, but if you already know the highlights it is a very good choice to visit them.<BR><BR>Ingo

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 07:14 AM
churious

First - can't do both Chur and Luzern in one day, it's not physically possible as far as I know. Chur is fine for a day - remember, you've got 1-2 hrs. train each way; and Chur is surprisingly interesting as a village. Now, you could also go up into the mountains further, like to Arosa or Lenzerheide, if you like the outdoors. And if you're debating Chur vs. Luzern, for a feeling of being in a real Swiss village, then go to Chur - Luzern has become almost too popular.