Tips Vilnius

Nov 12th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Original Poster

Tips Vilnius

Hi, Here is some info for travelers in Vilnius!

airport:

6km from the centre

The buses that are available at the airport:

* Bus line no. 1 - Vilnius Airport – Vilnius Central Station
    * Bus line no. 2 - Vilnius airport - City Center - Šeškinė (the north of 
      the city)

Taxi's are mostly 1,25 LT / If you pick a waiting cab you pay an additional 5 LT. So It's better to call even if they are just in front of you. (phonenumber is written on the taxi's) I know, it's sounds silly, but trust me.

Information centre

The best information center you can find in the city hall (didzioji square). It's a seperate entrance

Uzupis

This is the artist district. It's a cosy part of the town and well-know.

bars & clubs

A nice international bar is "Cafe du paris" owned by a french guy. It's in Pilies Street.

A nice club is "Woo" with lots of parties.

A rockbar is Pogo baras. They have often free concerts. It's in Vilniaus Street 12.

The club which has a lot of stereotype beautiful girls is "Prospekto" in Gedimino Street.

Also a really nice service organization is www.partyinvilnius.com They offer different day-time activities and guided nightlife with a hostess that takes you to the nicest spots in town. (You can also book accomodation through them)(They also have a list with countries that fly to Vilnius and the airports)

restaurants

If you want to eat rather cheap and local dishes. There is a chain called Chili Kaimas. I think normal dishes are between 10 and 30-40 LT (3- 10 EUR)

For people who like a kebab/pita in a "normal" way: There is one in Traku Street 15.

If you want to each a national dish. Ask for "Zeppeliniai" or zeppelins. Standard with sour cream, but you can ask other sauces.

Also really nice is the "pink soup". It's a cold beet soup. It looks strange when you see it, but really tasty!

Accomodation

hostels/B&B/cheap hotels : http://www.hostels.com/lt.vi.html

For all hotels you can go to www.tripadvisor.com > hotels > vilnius

I hope it's useful. Enjoy the city, It's a wonderful one!
Nov 12th, 2009, 12:55 AM

Thanks. This is a place we'd like to go to and there is not as much info about it as others. Thanks for fattening the file.
Nov 12th, 2009, 03:48 AM

A bit more info on Vilnius. Click on the city and then 'PDF' for a good download of information. Richard www.inyourpocket.com/ P.S. The_chimp: This was amazing while in Vilnius after having dinner. I walked by a man, said hello, as did he. The man was the President of Lithuania. The only security was another tall man in a white suit.
Nov 12th, 2009, 03:49 AM

Thank you for the information. I'd like to visit Vilnius, too! Three of my grandparents were from there.
Nov 12th, 2009, 04:09 AM

This is a veiled attempt to plug a "nice service organization."
Nov 12th, 2009, 04:09 AM

Hi Weadles; My grandmother was from Vilnius. Richard

Search this Thread