tips on Capri hotels?

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 12:17 PM
Brian

tips on Capri hotels?

After visiting Naples 2 years ago, my wife and I decided to head back for a long weekend on Capri this May. Blown away by the beauty while on our day trip, we ran across the Hotel Mamela that was nearly complete after renovations. It looks to be one of the nicest spots in a great location with a view. I need to book rooms in the next few weeks. Anyone stayed here before? Any suggestions on other spots that have a nice view of the sea? Any other suggestions while on the island for 3 days?

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 07:50 PM
Brian

Please people...not all at once!!

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 11:36 PM
Anna

I have not actually stayed there, but I spoke to someone who had done yesterday (I am currently trying to book a trip to Capri). He raved about it. Said that the location was perfect - close to the centre of everything, but still allowed them to hide from the day trippers during the day. Apparently it is familiy run, very friendly and excellent value for money. Sorry tahtI could not give you a first hand account.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 02:59 PM
Jill

My husband and I stayed at Casa Morgano in Capri on our honeymoon for 2 nights back in '98. I would highly recommend staying there. Definitely a 4 star hotel. It was off the beaten path, clean, quiet, quaint, beautiful surroundings, but a close walk to all the shopping, food and fun. Enjoy !!

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Brian

Thank Jill and Anna for the tips. Anyone else been to Hotel Mamela or recomend another spot?