Reload this Page >

Time needed in Rome airport to go through customs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 11:26 AM
Jen

Our plane arrives at 8:40 am in Rome and we are going to try to catch a 10:45 am train to Naples. Will we have enough time to get our luggage and go through customs or should we take the 12:45 train?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 11:35 AM
Andy

Jen- Personally I would go with the 12:45 train-<BR><BR>Our plane from London was 2 1/2 late due to an air traffic controllers strike in ITALY- and then when we landed, the baggage collectors were on strike-took over an hour to get bags---but Customs was a breeze--<BR><BR>With Italy and the continual strikes that come and go at whim, I would seriously opt for the later train ....<BR><BR>And check to see what days the TRAINS go on strike- that is also a reality...

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 11:36 AM
Andy

Jen - I was writing too fast---<BR><BR>Meant to say our plane was 2 1/2 Hours late--

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 12:53 PM
kate

Jen--I would definitely take the later train. My husband & I flew to Rome 3 weeks ago from the US. Waited for over an hour for our luggage. Thought it was lost and filed a claim. As we were about to leave, the USAir rep. said more luggage had arrived in another area. Thankfully our luggage was there. Going through customs was a breeze. Enjoy your trip.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:01 PM
Sue

Going to Rome last yr from PIT via PHL, storm in PHL, so we bypassed PHL, sent us to FRA, on to FCO from there, arriving 3+ hrs. later than originally planned. <BR>On the other hand, if plane leaves USA on time, often arrives in Europe a bit earlier than scheduled and you can sail thru customs; you just never can tell.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:14 AM
Denise

Don't get a seat reservation so you can take whichever train you get to the station in time for

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:05 AM
Jen

Thanks for all of your advice, it was very helpful!<BR><BR>Jen