Reload this Page >

Time needed between Edinburgh and York

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 05:10 PM
Suzanne

I only have the day to drive between Edinburgh and York and I must be in York no later than 4PM-I had wanted to stop in Dunham but that may be unreasonable given my time constraints. Any advise is welcome but I can not change my itinerary. Another thought is to drop rental car in Edinburgh and just take the train to York???? I leave next week thanks for all--Suzanne

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 08:10 PM
Colby Smith

Hi Suzanne, <BR> <BR>It is a long tough drive by car, Traffic is very heavy. I would take the train and relax.

Old Jun 10th, 1998, 02:50 AM
Lars Bjork

Take a look at: <BR>http://www.route66.nl/demo/demo.html <BR>It helps you to calculate distances and time needed <BR>for traveling all over Europe

Old Oct 12th, 1998, 08:48 PM
Jason

Definately take the train. It skirts along the coast and drops into York. The line has probably the best trains in the UK and a frequent service (since it runs on to London). Book 2 weeks in advance to take advantage of lower rates.

Old Oct 13th, 1998, 07:26 AM
Kat

Here's another vote for taking the train. It is faster than driving not to mention more pleasant and scenic. The schedule features frequent departures and is very reliable.

Old Oct 13th, 1998, 11:09 AM
kim

<BR>I drove from Edinburgh to York just last week. <BR>Left Edinburgh at about 8 am, visited Hadrian's wall ( Chesters Fort) on the way and reached Ganthorpe (near Malton) around 3 pm. <BR>Take the motorway, good roads, the trip is not too hard going.