Reload this Page >

Time for Sabena weekend cheap flight?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 11:15 AM
kathy

I remember reading the posts about the quick trips to Belgium last fall. I checked the Sabena website - don't see anything listed for a l-o-n-g weekend at a tremendous price. Will someone point me in the direction to find this bargain. Just can't get rid of this travel bug since I got back from Brugge and Paris. Hope it stays until I find this gem! As usual, thanks.

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 06:42 PM
dee

Kathy, usually Sabena specials are November to March (low season). Just give them a call and they will send you a brochure or will tell you about the specials.

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 11:21 AM
kathy

Thanks Dee. Sorry I missed your post until just now. I'll contact them right away. Appreciate your help.

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 05:42 PM
topper

!

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 05:21 AM
topper

!

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 05:23 AM
topper

!

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 01:24 PM
Brian in Atlanta

Kathy, I'm considering a Paris/Brugge trip next spring. Did you take the train between the two? Any problems with that? <BR> <BR>And what time of year did you go? Did you find the two cities a good combination? From your post it sounds like you enjoyed it very much. Thanks!

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 05:42 AM
kathy

Brian, this last trip was our greatest yet! We were there May 5-17th this year. The combination of the two cities was perfect. Brugge was a leisurely visit, and Paris was ... Paris! We waited until we got to the airport in Paris to purchase train tickets into Brugge, and it went without a hitch. Round trip for both of us was $200US, which we thought very reasonable considering the prices we saw before we arrived. We came back into Paris Nord when we returned. Brugge is like a town I'd never visited before, and was delightful. We both enjoyed the city and were able to visit the Belgium coast for an entire Sunday. We were there Thursday through early Monday morning, when we left for Paris. Paris on the other hand was everything and more than I expected. As everyone posts, the excitement and adventures entice you to return - and we shall return for sure. Our hotels (both suggestions from other Foderites) were pleasant and exactly as described. We followed suggestions on this board about the Metro, restaurants, and Ben Haines' routing into Brugge. All were right on! Wes Fowler has suggestions about Brugge that really enhance that trip, and many, many posters have a wealth of information about Paris - as you've probably already read. My suggestion: these two cities are a wonderful combination. Brugge was a delightful surprise and we're so glad we took the time to visit it. I'll be glad to share anything I know about either place with you.

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 05:52 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Thanks for your reply Kathy. I'm sold. I'll post back for more info (and of course do proper searches) as we get closer to our travel date. We're planning late May. <BR> <BR>Thanks again!