Time change

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 04:55 PM
Lucy

Time change

What is the time differencs from Los Angeles to Amsterdam?

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 05:14 PM
Earl

If you have to come to this site to ask that question it is probably best if you stay in Los Angeles. There are a lot more pressing questions out there. Look in any atlas. Look on the web. Look around your house. Call Regis Philbin! But don't post that here.

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 05:49 PM
Sad

Golly Lucy, bet you'll never ask a question here again.

I've been wondering why questions were diminishing. Guess the regulars want to keep everyone away so they can indulge themselves in their fey threads.

Let that be a lesson to everyone. Don't ask a question here unless there's nowhere else in the world to find the answer.

Sad

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 06:03 PM
elvira

Time difference is nine hours. EarlB's response was offputting, and I'm sorry Sad ([email protected]) didn't answer your query.

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 11:12 PM
Lucy

I'm sorry Mr. SAD &Earl that you are such negative people!! I feel bad That you do not have a positive attitude for life or a want to help people in need. I do not know much about the internet, I just happened to find this site(which seemed to me to be a question and answer site). I have a friend who went to visit her grandmother who is dying, and I wanted to call her for support, but I was unaware of the time difference(I didn't want to disturb the family in the middle of the night).I thought this could be a quick way to find out.Thank you elvira for your help and reminding me that there are nice people in this world.AND I WILL be back with questions,But I never want to hear a reply from a negative inconsiderate person again!

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 12:07 AM
Pat

I can't believe that Earlb would be so rude! I have enjoyed this site, have had many questions answered by helpful folk, and have recommended it to others. Let's hope the Earlb's of this world find other outlets for their bad manners - and never need help themselves! Glad you finally got your answer Lucy - keep asking questions - and don't get 'thrown' by bad manners!

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 04:59 AM
Noname

Lucy,

For what it is worth, I don't think "Sad" was trying to be mean. The way I read it, he/she was giving a sarcastic response to rude EarlB, and objecting to the perceived tendency of regulars to monopolize things on the board and sniff at people who ask basic questions.

Is there any chance EarlB will apologize? Of course not.

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 07:21 AM
Earl

Again: Who really believes the dying friend story? I was simply making a point about the "dumbing down" of America. Why go to the world wide web to answer such a basic question that can easily be found two hundred other places? It is simply a waste of time. I too could write a story about a dying relative and need to phone in the middle of the night. Give me a break! Hogwash! Lucy is a dunce and will not admit it. She truly needs to stay in LA and join the Darwin society.

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 03:50 PM
nancy

Lucy and Pat,
Yes, it is astounding that people such as Earl waste their time responding to postings, esp. as what they generally have to say is so mean and insultin.
But apparently it happens too often.
Afew days ago, I responded to "Traveling to Europe seven months pregnant, with a toddler."
She was getting a bashing from a good number of people, who put her down for having a nanny,for risking her unborn's life by flying, and even saying she was a troll(didn't exist)
I expressed my amazement that people would act this way, and the response to me was put up, or shut up.
Another rude, uncalled for reply!
Then I posted a message,"Why do Some People have to spoil it"
And that even drew more responses, some of them **still** bashing that original poster!
It seems to happen here ,nothing will make those kind of people any more tolerant or more polite in their response.
It is a fact of Fodor's.
Nancy

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 11:47 AM
sitegirl

To Earl: I could not believe my eyes at the posted response to Lucy. Do you seriously have nothing better to do than reacting so ignorantly to this person? What is it to you that she had a simple question and was looking for a simple response. Yes, there are hundreds of places to find the answer to her question, and this website is the place she chose to get her answer. You suggested she look on the web. . .how do you think she got to this "web"site smart-guy? I build websites and deal with chatboards such as this for a living, and the question she asked was completely legitimate. Your response on the otherhand was completely out of line. Grow up.

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 01:45 PM
Earl

I confess. Earl is not my real name. Earlb is not my email address. But: Lucy is still a dunce! It was fun explaining that to her. It is now 3 months since this was initially posted. Question: Has the grandmother died? Did she call the friend? Does she know her way home? Can she read a dictionary or call an airline? Did she really just stay on line after posting the stupid question and wait for answers? Come on Lucy! Give us the real story! These people hate me and think you are a saint. Fill em in, they need to hear it!

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 11:54 PM
anon

Crawl back into your cave, Earl.

Old Sep 20th, 2000, 11:14 AM
Earl

Cave? What cave? Have you noticed that poor Lucy has not responded? End of story and signing off. Earl B has left the auditorium.............