tickets to Borghese Gardens

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would appreciate any help --- I am a little confused about tickets for the Borghese Gardens. I read that when you make a reservation, you are only paying for the reservation and not the ticket into the gardens. However, when I went to purchase the tickets on ticketeria.com it seemed like I was buying the ticket. We thought we would use the Roma Pass - does that cover the price of the ticket?
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 01:20 PM

The online reservation is for a date and time. At your reserved date and time, you present the printout of the reservation and that is when you pay for your ticket to enter the Borghese. You have a two hour time slot in the Borghese.
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

So I pay for a date and time and then again to get into the gardens, is that correct? If I use the Roma pass, I only pay for the reservation but not the entrance fee. Thanks for the help - it is appreciated.
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 02:25 PM
kja

Hi, nanauno -

I think the ticket is just for the Galleria Borghese - I think the gardens themselves are free. They were when I was there some years ago.

Maybe someone else can chime in?
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM

Yes, the ticket is for the tour of the Galleria. It was raining when I went so did not go into gardens but I would imagine they are free.
If you are using the online reservation for the Galleria, that is your reservation. Print it out and bring with you on your reserved date and time. That is when you pay for the ticket. That is also when you check in all of your bags, etc., as you cannot take them into the Galleria.
Enjoy. It's just phenomenal.
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 03:05 PM

I do not know about the Roma pass and it's use at the Galleria Borghese. Sorry.
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM

The gardens are free and very huge and very very beautiful.

As for the Roma Pass, I don't think it covers the Borghese Muuseum.

If weather permits, there are many vendor carts that sell all kinds of food, drinks and yes GELATO!!! So after seeing the museum I suggest grabing some food, head into the gardens and have a picnic.

Have a great time.

Tom
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 03:57 PM

I used my Roma Pass three weeks ago when I was in Rome for my Borghese Gallery admission. The online form confused me (although I think it does work), so I called and reserved my two hour time slot. The reservation is free. When I arrived, I presented my Roma Pass and had free admission.

The Gallery is spectacular. After our two hour visit, we walked through the park (garden), which is huge. I believe there are formal gardens just behind the museum, but I just viewed them from an upper window in the museum.
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the very helpful information. I will call to make my reservation and then use the Roma pass when we get there. I have been on several sites and am surprized in the difference in price for a reservation!
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 09:08 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Actually, the website says not to use the online reservation if you intend to use a discount. It further states you should call for a reservation time with discounts. Roma Pass would be considered a discount. I think this is a fairly new policy as the website didn't read like that in the past. I think when you book online now, you must pay with a credit card.

From the website:

Online purchase is possible only for full fare tickets. Should you are entitled for a reduction or a complimentary ticket (please see the rules) or you want to use the Roma Pass you are invited to call +39 06 32810. The right to a reduction must be claimed at the ticket office of the museum before the transaction is made.

http://www.ticketeria.it/ticketeria/...amento-eng.asp
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 11:27 AM

I can't believe someone recommended eating food from the kiosks in the Borghese parks. We had possibly the worst, most expensive, most inedible food of our lives from a kiosk in the Borghese park. $10 hot dogs that were plain nasty....after we we'd had a few bites, we tried to feed the buns to the pigeons and they wouldn't even eat them!!
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 01:12 PM

missypie,

That was pretty harsh and really RUDE!!!

When I went in 2005 I got fresh and rather tasty Panini and a bottle of water for 5 euro, or about $6.

Tom
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM

my daughter just went through this. They as of now are NO LONGER allowing reservations made on the net. If you book on the net you pay.This is the response she got when she emailed and quetioned it.
Here is their response:
"If you want to reserve only you can call us at 39 06 32810. No on line reservations."
You can call by adding 011 in front of the 39. Press 2 for reservations and then 1 for english. I booked for her this am it took 5 min. They give you a reservation number then when you go you present the number and your Roma card.
Tip: go to local mexican market and get a $5.00 international calling card much cheaper than standard phone company rates. Also remember that they are open appx 9-5 Rome time being on the west coast I called at 5am as they are 9 hours ahead of me east coast is 6 hours.
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM

If you have the Roma Pass and want the free entry to the Borghese Galleries and don't care to call for the reservation, AND want a printed confirmation you can take with you, you merely email them the request of the time date slot you want (which you have previously checked is actually available). They will respond with confirmation. They did this for me.
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again for the advice, I just went on the site again and I see that I can not make a reservation on-line if I plan to use the Roma Pass. I will call --- but I have never made an international call. Is it expensive?
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 07:54 AM

rear my note about getting the cheap $5.00 international calling card. Cost really depends on your phone company.
the $5.00 card gives you 4 hours on first call min. Try mexican markets, 7-11's etc. So you don't waste time dialing:
011 39 06 32810
press 2 for reservations 1 for english and english speaker answers phone.
Be sure you remember time difference
its 9 hours west coast 6 hours east coast ahead
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 09:17 AM

Why would anyone purchase $10 hot dogs in the Borghese Gardens when there are so many other lovely things, such as gelato?
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 09:44 AM

It was lunchtime. We were hungry. We wanted to stay in the park to rent a surrey after lunch, so we wanted something quick. We did not want our lunch to be only gelato.

We had actually eaten panini's from a kiosk at another location in Rome earlier in the week, and they were fine and perhaps only $6. I guess we happened on the most horrible overpriced kiosk in Rome.
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 09:54 AM

Don't bother getting a calling card. Just dial 10 10 987 then dial your number. It is just a few pennies a minute and is charged to your regular phone bill