Tickets Through Weekend in Firenze

Aug 29th, 2000, 07:47 AM
Lisa

Tickets Through Weekend in Firenze

Has anyone gotten their advance tickets through the weekendinfirenze website? Is this a better way to go than calling - I seem to keep missing them on the phone yet I am hesitant to buy over a site I am unfamiliar with.
Thanks

Aug 29th, 2000, 08:10 AM
Maddy

I did not use the site but via email I asked my hotel if they could make reservations for me at Uffizi and Accademia. The hotel was kind enough to do so within some time frame from me (I was somewhat flexible but knew what day I wanted). Perhaps your hotel would do the same. I paid the small extra charge to the museums that comes with reservations, but this was without any tours or guides, of course. So depends on what you would like to do.

Good luck.

Aug 30th, 2000, 05:02 AM
elaine

Lisa
I used them for Accademia and Uffizi tickets with no problem and complete satisfaction. Just give them a few days to contirm the ticket arrangements, I got a little impatient. Print out the confirmation and bring it with you--you'll want the number

Sep 1st, 2000, 11:38 AM
virginia

Yes, I used this service and had no problem. I even reserved just a few days before my trip in June and was nervous, but I heard back from them with a confirmation--exactly the times I asked for--the very next day. You should be aware that there is, of course, a service charge for this--I can't remember exacly, maybe $3.00+ more??? But, for me, it was worth it, and helpful to have a reservation in advance as I was only in Florence for 2 days and did not want to waste any time in line. This was my only experience with the service, but they seem reputable.
Good luck, and ENJOY!!

Sep 1st, 2000, 12:45 PM
Bob

Ditto on above comments. We used the service for our trip in October. Did all by email. Recd the confirmation, printed it and presented it at box office. No problems. Walked right in. There is a small service charge, but well worth it as we looked at the poor people waiting in line to get in.

Sep 1st, 2000, 02:32 PM
Robin K

---
Lisa:

Testimony from yet another satisfied customer. Purchased my tickets for the Uffizi online (April '99) - got an e-mail response/receipt - printed a copy - and when I got there, was then able to bypass the loooooooong lines - entered via a side entrance, presented my receipt at the window & walked right in.

Sep 1st, 2000, 02:38 PM
Natasha

---
FYI, the URL to this site is:
http://www.weekendafirenze.com/

You can purchase tickets for music & theatre events, although most folks seem to use it to purchase advance tickets to many of the museums in Florence (the Uffizi, Accademia, Bargello, etc.)

Sep 2nd, 2000, 04:02 AM
topper

Sep 19th, 2000, 03:49 PM
Terri

I think weekendinfirenze charges too much for what they do. I called directly to the Uffizi ticket office at 055294883. Remember it is 7 hours later (from central time) so if you call first thing in the morning, you should have good luck.

Search this Thread