Tickets for Colosseum

Old Sep 1st, 2004, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tickets for Colosseum

Hi - My husband and I are finally leaving tomorrow for France and Italy - after months and months of planning with the help of this site (and others) we are anxiously waiting to board that plane!

So, a quick question before we leave, I remember coming across a website somewhere to book tickets for the Colossuem in Rome. Now, I can't find it anywhere - does anyone know what I am talking about - how I can book tickets in advance? Thanks!
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 12:31 PM

You can also avoid the long Colosseum lines if you buy your ticket at the Palatine Hill.
The same ticket is valid for both sites on the same day, also if bought after ~2PM it's valid for the next day to that time.
There are 2 ticket offices for the Palatine. One in the Roman Forum and the other on street that runs along the Eastside of the Palatine.
Go to www.capitolium.org/eng/fori/pianta.htm
See the '1' now look alttle below it and to the left. See a building with 2 reddish/brown roofs. That is the entrance to the Palatine and the ticket office is below it.
One option is explore the Forum, work your way up to the Arch of Titus (which is '1') and then over to that bldg, buy your tickets and then either go up to the Palatine or over to the Colosseum. This ticket office might have a line but definitely shorter than the Colosseum. Easy to find you'll see people walking over to it in the Forum.
The 2nd ticket office with no lines is on Via di San Gregorio, see that street name on the website. The ticket office is where that little 'cul-de-sac' is to the left of the 'eg' in Gregorio.
With your ticket go to the left of the long Colosseum line, the sign on that side said 'Tour Groups' when I was there last March. Regards, Walter
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 07:02 PM

We did as the previous poster suggest and saw Palatine hill first and bought the combo ticket. We passed a long line at the Colossuem and went right in.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank You! I have printed the map from the site you suggested and highlighted the ticket offices - thats a great hint! Thanks again!
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:43 AM

There aren't any "lines" in Italy (at least not lines where there is any type of order). Just go up to the front of the "line" and order your tickets.

When in Rome....