Reload this Page >

Ticket to Honolulu and Maui are $312 from NYC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 07:22 AM
Kathy

Know this belongs on U.S. board but it is such a great deal I had to share it here. Maui in winter is Whale season so you have this AMAISING landscape with whales breaching up out of the water in the distance. Thought you should know!!! You can find these fares by going directly to United and American but they may also be offered on other airlines I have not checked. Also you must fly before March 13 according to one poster on U.S board.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 07:24 AM
kathy

ok that would be amazing landscape

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 08:36 AM
jpm

Thanks for the post! I just booked three tickets from Madison, WI to Hawaii for $350 each - I was pricing this just last week and it was in the $800-$900 range.<BR><BR>BTW, I tried booking through United, Northwest, and USAirs website. They all gave skyhigh prices from Madison. Booked this through Expedia on Northwest.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 08:50 AM
Kathy

YEAH LOVE MAKING TRAVEL HAPPEN FOR OTHERS WHEN I CAN'T go. I got the fare at American website which also shows what other airlines are doing. Posted here because I thought some Europeans who would not normally consider the high airfare might want to take advantage of this.<BR><BR>Condo rates should be down, we got our condo through this link [email protected]<BR><BR>It was a beautiful home half a block from hanalei bay. Might be wet in Winter but you have those 30-50 foot waves and whales!!! She was offering 15% discount to return customers and friends so I would inquire. Our place lodged up to six people with 3 bedrooms and with discount was $950, smaller downstairs was $850. Also these were summer rates maybe they are different in Winter. Have fun where ever you lodge. <BR><BR>If you have condos you normally go I would be interested. I am considering BI and or Maui some time this or next summer<BR>

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Maria

Kathy,<BR> Hate to burst your bubble, but you won't see a lot of whales on the north shore of Kauai. The good deal you got on the condo is because the end of March is a really slow time in Hawaii. Also, I hope you know it rains almost every day on the north side of Kauai. I really don't mean to sound so negative, but when we go to Kauai, we always stay either near Kapaa or Poipu where it is sunny and dry much more often. The airfare however, is a good deal. The best area for whale-watching is on west coast of Maui. Sorry to post this on the Europe board.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 12:13 PM
john

Kathy,<BR><BR>Once again thanks for the heads-up! We are leaving March 1 for 10 days. Plan on spending 4 nights on Oahu (3 full days) and then the rest of the time on the BI. I rented a condo on the BI for $125 a night - I'll post a travelogue on the appropriate board when I get back.