Thumbs up to booking.com Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Were they fast in resolving a charge on my Amex card for a B+B I had reserved in Capetown through www.booking.com last July for December and cancelled through them in August under a "0 cancellation fee".

Going through old emails and Amex bills I JUST noticed I had never received a credit on my card for the 50% deposit at this B+B.

I sent booking.com the information and copy of the Amex bill and within a few HOURS they had sorted it out and relayed the apology from the B+B for incorrectly billing me.

I'm happy. Very efficient.
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

P.S. I had reserved through booking.com because THEY had a "free cancellation" offer whereas the B+B did not.
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 12:06 PM

Use them a lot nothing but good experience.

I also think they have the most honest recent guest

reviews none of the fake reviews by touts you see on

Tripadvertizer vrbo etc...
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 12:14 PM

I've used them in cases where I can't book directly or the hotel uses the horrible booking agent Todotur.

Always had good service with booking.com. Their prices are often the same as booking directly.
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 11:30 PM

Having listed with Booking I can also say that the website works well on both sides of the industry. They have helped me resolve "difficult" bookings.
lincasanova did you realise that it is Booking's policy not to allow "reservation" fees to be taken off before you have stayed at the hotel? When this fee was taken from the CC then the B&B broke the conditions of being listed with Booking. Sometimes mistakes are made but if this happens a lot from one establishment I would hope Booking would issue some sort of sanction to them.

The disadvantage is being listed with Booking is quite expensive, so to reduce commission some locations do not allow all the rooms to be booked via Booking. So if you find the dates you want are not available look for the hotel’s own website to see if you can book via that.
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Original Poster

When it happened I didn't really think twice as I was making so many inquiries,etc.. but fortunately, while looking for the cancellation policy on a different property I came across this deposit! I was confused and panicked, wondering if I had FORGOTTEN to cancel that one months ago!

It certainly was resolved quickly. Booking had aid in an email to give them up to a week but came back immediately with a positive response from the B+B.

One ray of sunshine in a depressing trip cancellation saga of our dream trip to South Africa.