Thoughts on Spain-Amsterdam-Italy trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a trio of 26-year-old guys going to Spain, Amsterdam and Italy for 2 weeks.<BR><BR>Our plans have us in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Rome, Florence and Ibiza.<BR><BR>I know it's a lot of destinations in little time, but other than that does anyone have any advice? Thoughts on what not to miss in these cities. <BR><BR>We're looking for a lot of culture, a lot of good food and great beaches and night life.<BR><BR>
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:43 AM
ira

Hi Kelston,<BR><BR> Can you tell us why you are going from Spain to Holland in order to get to Italy?
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:51 AM
Bootman4U

A more economical order might be Amsterdam, Barcelona, Ibiza, Florence, and then Rome. It can be done, not sure about the short timeframe, but there are ways to accomplish this ambitious trip. Have you thought about bargain airfares, if there are any between any of these cities to save time or using night trains (Barcelona to Florence, for instance). I think to get the kind of help you want you might need to be a bit more specific. In terms of what to see, the online and printed guidebooks will always list the so-called highlights of each of these cities. Ibiza and Barcelona are the two that come to mind when you speak of &quot;beaches&quot; in the US-oriented sense of the word.

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

In order for the flights to be cheapest we need to fly round-trip everywhere. We got round-trip flights from NYC to Barcelona, Barcelona to Amsterdam, and Barcelona to Rome for just over $1,100 total. The flights are already paid for.<BR><BR>We fly into Barcelona, stay 2 days, head to Amsterdam for 2 days, head back to Barcelona, head straight to Rome for four days, then to Florence for 2 days, back to Barcelona, then on to Ibiza for 3 days to close.<BR><BR>We're going to Holland because that's the main place one of my friends wants to go, not as a means to get to Italy.<BR><BR>We're not 100% sold on Ibiza. We're looking to spend the last three days on the best beaches in Spain. We'll be arriving and leaving through Barcelona so the closer the better.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
WOW what a crazy trip you have planned!! But since you have already purchase the plane tickets, my best suggestion is to post again and ask separately (for example):

&quot;what are the not to miss highlights for only 2 days in Amsterdam?&quot; or &quot;what's the best and closest beach to relax for 3 days from Barcelona?&quot;
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 10:38 AM

How was this trip? We are a trio of 26yr old girls doing your exact same trip. Have not booked yet but doing a ton of research. Any advice?

Thankss
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 12:08 PM

vicky - I do not think you will get a response from the OP (Kelston)- he has not been on here for quite some time. You may want to start your own thread - are you really going these exact same places - it seemed like a VERY ambitious itinerary - did you get the idea for this trip from his post?