Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THOROUGHLY CONFUSED/BRIGHTON

Down to the crunch time. Now I'm thinking our trip should look like this:
London 5 nights
Stratford 2 nights
Bath 1 night
Brighton 2 nights

I couldn't settle on a good seaside town between Bath and Brighton. Travelling with three teenage boys and they wouln't enjoy the small B&B I've seen along the coast. Upon reading about Brighton I thought they might enjoy two nights there, but now that I've read the Fodor's posts I'm not sure thinking it might be too seedy. Would they be safe out at night? (Ages 20 & 19). Any suggestions?
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:53 AM
ron

It is hard to imagine what sort of sheltered life that your sons have lived that they are being referred to as teenage boys rather than young men. Also hard to imagine what you read that would make you think they would be in some danger in Brighton. It is a lively, young peoples town. Unless you think they are the type to cause trouble, your worries are unfounded.
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

well Ron , they would say the same thing, they will always be my boys to me. No actually they would not cause trouble, just checking the place out like an informed Mom does.
Thanks for your reply
Old May 16th, 2003, 06:07 AM
AllyPally

Sharon, the boys will love it. It's a very 'happening' place now (although the seediness hasn't been totally eradicated but I suppose that's part of its charm). Some extremely smart hotels have opened there recently and about time, I say! I hope you enjoy it.

Old May 16th, 2003, 06:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Brighton is a very hip city, artsy and fun. Lots of young people. Rundown in places but those are not likely to be the spots your boys will gravitate too.

Brighton is not your cliche Ye Olde English experience which is probably its appeal to the under 30s.

Have a great trip!