Thistle Kensington Park

Search

Thistle Kensington Park

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thistle Kensington Park

Has anyone stayed here recently? Brother booking through BA for 7 nights. Have read some posted comments and have checked Trip Advisor but would appreciate updated opinions. Also, is it really that inconvenient re: tube location? Thanks for any/all comments.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Any comments on this hotel. Anyone with knowledge of how convenient or inconvenient to tube. Thanks
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 05:41 AM

About three years ago I stayed in the Thistle Kensington Palace which is right next door on de Vere. It was also with a hotel and air package and I was very satisfied with the hotel, which was fine but not fancy.
I did not find the tube location inconvenient, but I like to walk. It is perhaps four blocks or so, and to my mind, an interesting walk filled with shops and restaurants, and then you near the Park at the end.
In addition, there is a bus stop literally across the street, which brings you into the most central area. I used the line, especially coming home in the evening when traffic was lighter.
This is a lovely neighborhood to explore, especially once you get off the main road. If it is still there, Utsav Restaurant on 17 Kensington High Street serves very delicious Indian food in a lovely setting. I ate lunch there twice. I also ate in the Giraffe on 7 Kensington High St., which is a chain, and had a good dinner there, very reasonably priced (for London). The food is very healthy and simple and well prepared.

I enjoyed staying in that neighborhood.
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 07:22 AM

A group of us stayed there Feb 06. I agree with previous posting. It was very nice, not plain, but not fancy. Just right for my taste. The tube stop is 3 or 4 blocks, and yes, probably easier to catch the bus which takes you directly into "town", and faster than the tube.
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 09:56 AM

i think you will finn the bus service, eveinings included, excellent.

there is a bus stop near theater district in front of somerset house that goes right up to k. high street. we passed your hotel everyday.

we were further along, and never took the tube. the buses worked better for us.
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your responses.