Reload this Page >

theft in spain??

Search

theft in spain??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:56 AM
melissa

theft in spain??

I'm planning two 1/2 weeks in the south of Spain this June/July. I've heard there is more theft here than many other places in Europe. Myth or fact??<BR>Thanks for advice!<BR>Melissa

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 10:45 AM
angel

Myth!<BR>But as in any area of the world, keep an eye on your belongings when in public places.<BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 11:32 AM
linda

fact

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Jade

Myth, myth, myth!<BR>I was not half as worried in Spain as I was in places like Paris or the U.S - like Angel said, just keep your wits about you and don't carry an open bag on trains that someone can easily pickpocket - it applies everywhere.<BR>Have a ball, we did!<BR>Jade

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Jack

Myth--the worst crime is in London and rest of England!

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Lucky

You are worried about theft there? We have much higher crime rate in US than any European country. I do not know where ou live but places down South like Texas have highest crime rates (check DOJ cite). In Europe, it's the UK (this does not include Ireland) that is most prone to theivery. So I would say your "myth" is another example of stereotyping!

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Nomyth

Its no myth! Spain can be really dangerous and don't let anywone kid you. Be careful and carry a moneybelt! Take cabs at night. They are cheap and its worth it so you don't get mugged in Madrid.There are pickpocketers galore on buses and on the metro.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Jack

Mr. or Ms "no myth" says that Spain can be dangerous. Yes , the whole world is dangerous! One should always watch out for pickpockets But the fact is that US is FAR more dangerous than Spain. Check the facts!!