Reload this Page >

Theatre tickets?

Search

Theatre tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Matt

Theatre tickets?

I'm trying to purchase advance tickets for the Lion King at London's Lyceum Theatre. I like TicketMaster as I feel they charge small commissions...3.50 pounds for 2 MamaMia! tickets, however, Lion King is not available via TicketMaster. Does anyone know the box office number? I've tried 020-7656-1803. Does anyone recommend a website that charges reasonable commissions? Thanks in advance!

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 05:23 AM
kate

Try a Google.co.uk Search - this will probably give you the name and number of the Theatre Direct.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 05:27 AM
xxx

I don't have a website for you, but we've always had our hotel concierge book them for us and found they've gotten us great seats. Typically we pay box office price and tip the concierge when we get there. We have had them obtain hard to find tickets through a broker for a tough to get show. although we paid more, we ended up in the 10th row center.<BR><BR>We send a fax with our request and they typically have you complete a form and fax it back. That way you also don't run up huge phone bills.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 05:50 AM
chris

I recently bought tickets directly through the Lion King ticket line and also got awesome seats. <BR>(+0044) (0)870 243 9000<BR><BR>www.lionking.co.uk where you can book through either ticketmaster.co.uk or first call. Frankly I find the booking charge through the web outrageous and prefer to book via telephone.<BR>

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Matt

Thanks. I found The Lion King on TicketMaster under (D) for Disney. I was able to get front row (center) tickets. The TM service fee was 3.60 pounds...that's no big deal to me.<BR>Thanks again.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:43 AM
janis

Matt - You might want to reconsider the front row tix. The Lyceum's stage is quite deep and from the front row you may have slightly restricted view or have to crane your neck to see everything - plus you will be looking up the whole time. 4-8 rows back might be better seats.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 09:32 AM
chris

I agree with the above! Front row is not ideal for this venue. I was in row G and it was just right.