Reload this Page >

The Underwear Plan…

Search

The Underwear Plan…

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2001, 07:25 AM
xxx

The Underwear Plan…

How about this trick I learned from an old family friend: <BR> <BR>Take all your old underwear with you and throw them away after you've worn them. <BR> <BR>The trip back should be somewhat lighter…

Old May 23rd, 2001, 07:30 AM
xxxx

Trick learned from my son's camp days. Wear 'em backwards, inside out, & inside out & backwards. Worked for him!!!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:05 AM
liz

I'm sorry but how completely gross! How much room does underwear really take up that one wants to spend walking around while on holidays wearing old groddy undies? What if you were hit by a car and had to go the hospital? (mother knows best) When underwear gets old there is only one thing that you should ever do with them and that is throw them away! <BR>Liz- (always travels with new undies)

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:13 AM
J

My old underwear is either elastic-stretched or doesn't stay over my rear very well. I have no desire to wear it & toss it on vacation! Thanks, but no thanks. I'll take clean underwear & wash it while on vacation. Underwear takes up so little room when you're packing, anyway.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:19 AM
stacey

Liz - I had to laugh. I was in a car accident in Germany last month, and as they were cutting off my pants - that mother knows best thing was going through my head (Thank goodness I have on decent panties!) My grandmother would have something to say about throwing them away at the end - she used to dust with my grandfather's!!!! (How's that for oversharing!)

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:22 AM
Lee

Underwear only takes up room in your luggage if you wear them.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:29 AM
xxx

Lee - huh???

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:30 AM
travelman

What if you run out of udies in the middle of yout trip..T <BR>

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:32 AM
heehee

I think Lee is saying that he goes "commando". <BR> <BR>

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:33 AM
meagan

Is it just me, or is the whole strippenkart thing very confusing? In Toronto we have tokens (looks like a dime) which is good for one way, as many transfers as you like for as long as it takes to get where you're going. We also have day passes - you scratch off the date and away you go. So, I went to the website mentioned earlier in this thread and am still confused. It states that you can buy an 8-strippenkart which can be used as a day pass in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Den Haag, or two 8-strippenkarts for all of the Netherlands. Does this mean local transportation only or can you actually travel TO Den Haag, for example, on the strippenkart and then around the city and then back to Amsterdam all on two 8-strippenkart?? <BR>Someone please help?!?!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:35 AM
XA

Meagan, <BR>Take another look -- I think you've posted a reply to the wrong thread.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:35 AM
meagan

okay, not sure how a response i posted 2 hours ago got in there. i just responded to the underwear issue and for some reason, the above was posted instead. my apologies. <BR>BTW - i was thinking of bringing old underwear or going commando until I remembered my friend's incident last summer in Malta, involving a scooter accident . . . maybe I won't bring any skirts after all . . .

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:39 AM
stacey

Lee! I'm shocked! And laughing out loud.....

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:45 AM
janice

My travelling companion tried this once - at the end of the day, tossed his ratty boxers into the wastebasket. Next afternoon, came back to the room to find that the maid had very conscientiously fished them out of the trash, and fearing that we had mistaken the trash for a laundry hamper, had them laundered, pressed, neatly folded and resting on the bed when we got in from site seeing. <BR>Clearly, what we thought was ratty was still considered worthy of wearing by at least one person! <BR>And I'm uncomfortable with making another country my landfill - remember the old backpacking credo of "pack it in, pack it out."

Old May 23rd, 2001, 09:04 AM
liz

Stacey, way too funny, my mom used to use my dads for the same thing, it was pretty funny when friends came over and I had to explain what mom was doing wearing my dads underwear as a glove! One more thing, what if one happens to get lucky while abroad and you are caught wearing nasty panties, how embarrassing would that be!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 09:21 AM
Me

I am female, My travel companion (female) brought all her matching Victoria Secret bras and panties about 19 pairs of each for our 9 day vacation. She thought she might "hook up" with someone and sacrificed other more important things when she packed so her undies would be fancy! <BR> <BR>No such luck... but if something had happened and her pants would need to be cut off, maybe the doctor would be impressed!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 09:23 AM
s.fowler

I'm laughing too --- stop and think about it. Lee posts that he... ummmmmmm... doesn't need to pack 'em ... then Megan's "mispost" about "strippenkart"??

Old May 23rd, 2001, 09:44 AM
elvira

Geez, if I'm in an auto accident, ratty underwear would be the least of my worries ("no no, don't cut off my pants to save my leg - I have ratty underwear on!"). Oh, and like we all wear gorgeous underwear every day when we're home...'fess up, girls (guys need not apply, we KNOW how you deal with underwear), your underwear drawer contains 1/3 get-lucky underwear, 1/3 everyday underwear, 1/3 I-haven't-done-laundry-yet ratty underwear &lt;- I guarantee that at least 80% of you reading this have that on right now. <BR> <BR>And if your ratty underwear has no elastic and no longer fits, may I suggest you throw it out and treat yourself to several new pairs (see thread about what Europeans like about America and Kavey's responses). <BR> <BR>Pack in/pack out works for camping and hiking, but does that mean I should save all my dirty kleenex to bring home from Europe?

Old May 23rd, 2001, 09:57 AM
janice

Dear Elvira - you make me laugh! <BR>Please write a book...

Old May 23rd, 2001, 10:12 AM
Gigi

I just picture those poor, poor maid's having to fish out all your crappy old, worn, dirty underwear. Talk about needing to leave a nice tip!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -