COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

the paris hilton

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 01:04 PM
joe

the paris hilton

booked into the hilton the end of august. need to know the good the bad and the ugly before i get there.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Christina

which one? If it's the one near Eiffel tower, I have heard it has good Sunday brunch, some rooms have good views of the Tower and it's a fairly convenient location, although not to my taste, I prefer being more inside in a regular neighborhood. Probably somebody who's stayed there will comment personally, but I think it's supposed to be a fine hotel for service and rooms, as long as you want a fairly modern large hotel. Modern rooms and service have their attractions in comparison to quaint dumps

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 01:15 PM
Troll2

Sorry, I saw "Paris Hilton" & thought this thread was about a flambouyant debutante!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 06:00 PM
Jayelle

I've stayed at the Paris Hilton, and as Christina says, it is a large, modern hotel. Rooms are very large and comfortable, although the decor is nothing special. Rooms facing the front of the hotel have an Eiffel Tower view, but do cost more. Breakfast is very good (a full American buffet is available), but try to find a room rate that includes breakfast. Otherwise, its pretty expensive.

All in all, its a nice hotel. Just be aware that its a fairly standard Hilton, not particularly Parisian in flavor. Also, some people find its location in the 15th a little farther away from the city center, but I never found this to be a problem. You are within 5 minutes walk of the Bir Hakeim metro and the Champ de Mars RER station, so its very easy to get around from there. The surrounding neighborhood is mostly residential so its quiet in the evening.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 07:05 PM
Sherryl

Joe,

I stayed at the one near the Eiffel Tower 5 years ago and liked it very much. It is "typical" Hilton, but that's what I was looking for. The service is great. I had a view of the Eiffel Tower, which was beautiful at night! As the others ave said, it was very easy to get around from there. Being in a residential area, there are some great little "neighborhood restaurants" round it. Be sure to get some "French Burnt Peanuts" on one of the street corners. It's kind of like getting the warm chestuts in NYC. Oh, and subways are very user friendly & close by. Enjoy!

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 02:59 AM
Karen

Our group of nine cousins stayed at the Paris Hilton for one night in June. All the descriptions above were accurate. We wanted quaint and more central, but everything with air conditioning seem to be booked because of the air show, so we ended up at the Hilton, with a package that included the balcony rooms with an Eiffel Tower view and the big buffet breakfast. Not bad! Fairly expensive, but really not bad.

Old Jul 22nd, 2001, 08:06 PM
ttt

ttt

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:19 AM
Alma

I stayed next door to the Paris Hilton in June. I had the same view. I felt that I'd rather have stayed in the 1st district or another on that was more in the center of things. I stayed at the Mercure Tour Eiffel. Rooms were fine, and the AC was on. Breakfast was good and included also. Not too badly priced. I took cabs to the Lourve, etc. but the train was nearby. Picked up the cabs at the Hilton. It is a large hotel but the area is not near much, other than the tower (The eye-sore tower). I was not impressed with the tower. But judging from the lines, most people are.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:37 AM
A.M.

I am not in agreement with the other posters. My husband, daughter and I stayed at The Hilton Eiffel Tower 6 years ago. Our room was cramped (triple) and although it did have a balcony, we overlooked other peoples flats. It was not worth the price.
A.M.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 01:51 PM
Fred

I assume you mean the Paris Hilton on ave de Suffern. Here are a whole bunch of comments people who stayed there made about it:
Paris Hilton (4 star right bank)-
a big, modern hotel
a "Hilton"
great amenities
no charm
good for business travelers
We enjoyed staying here
too far from central area
kind of a cold place, no warmth
thoroughly enjoyed the experience
The bathrooms are marble with all amenities.
Staff is fabulous and very American-friendly.
Had a fine time
smiling friendly hotel staff.
would prefer a more central location
I highly recommend it for a stay to anyone.
OUr room was immaculately maintained
Completely refurbished
our room was large, for Paris
concierges were excellent
housekeeping, outstanding.
For more Paris information e-mail me [email protected]