The most EXCEPTIONAL Hotel on Mykonos and Santorini

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could someone please help me choose the best hotel/resort on Mykonos and Santorini? My wife and I will be spending 10 days on the islands in May, and we are looking to stay in he &quot;lap of luxury.&quot; The cost of the hotel is really no problem...We want to stay at the property that Jackie and Aristotle would have stayed if they were alive today...I know that sounds pretentious...sorry.<BR><BR>We are looking for a place with an exceptional view, beach, balcony, service, and location. AWAY FROM BACKPACKERS AND MOST OTHER TOURISTS. Chain hotels ARE NOT EVEN TO BE CONSIDERED (except the Four Seasons!). We want the authentic experience of luxury in the Cyclades. <BR><BR>Please help if you have ever stayed at any 4 &amp; 5 Star properties on Mykonos and/or Santorini. <BR><BR>Your advice is appreciated.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 07:55 PM

Chain hotels are not even to be considered - what a snob you are.<BR>And if you find a chain on either of those islands let me know, I might check one out next time.<BR>Aristotle and Jacky did not need to stay on a 'public' island as he already owned the island of Skorpios.<BR>Are you willing to share the same ocean to swim in as the hordes of backpackers, horrors of horrors that you might encounter?<BR>Is this guy for real?
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 09:06 PM

Just like KathyNZ said, it'd be just terrible if you actually had to swim in the same ocean with the riff-raff. Do you have your own jet so you don't have to fly with them?
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 12:19 AM

Have you checked out the Katikes Hotel or the Zannos Melathron (www.zannos.gr) in Santorini? I have never stayed at an exclusive, ultra-luxury hotel in Greece (or anywhere else for that matter), so can't personally recommend either hotel. Have you considered asking some of your wealthy friends for recommendations?<BR><BR>Wherever you ultimately end up staying, I hope you find Santorini as stunningly beautiful as I did.<BR><BR>
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 12:49 AM

if money is not a problem I sugest to booked a Yacht,low prices on May +- 10.000 euros/day<BR><BR>you can play Aristos and Jacky'O
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 01:33 AM

On Santorini I've stayed in the Zannos Melathron, which is probably the classiest place on the island, amazing labyrinthine rooms, top notch service, and definitely away from the backpackers. I've also stayed at Perivolas in Oia which has the most spectacular caldera-rim location but is more in the thick of the action, in Oia. Stunning infinity pool. There's also the Katikies (Small Luxury Hotel) in Oia which I found rather snobbish but you might like it.<BR>I booked my stays through<BR>www.i-escape.com/greece.php<BR>which gives good reviews and pics of a selection of stylish hotels.<BR><BR>As for Mykonos I'm not sure what to suggest - I've stayed at the Belvedere and Semeli which are sister hotels, and both very smart and funky, but they are in town whereas you might want to get away. So I'd suggest you look at Kivotos (kivotosclubhotel.gr), the Princess of Mykonos and the Cavo Tagoo (cavotagoo.com).<BR><BR>If you find a really top notch place can you let me know?<BR>[email protected]<BR><BR>PS how weird that our screen names are so similar...
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 02:07 AM

If you seriously want to avoid backpackers and other tourists, I think you should reconsider visiting either Santorini or Mykonos, unless you plan to spend your entire visit inside your hotel room.<BR><BR>Also, if Jackie and Ari had fancied leaving Skorpios and visiting another part of Greece for a change, I think it highly unlikely that they would have stayed anywhere as public as a hotel in Greece. Far more likely that they (or for that matter anyone else with SERIOUS money) would either hire a private luxury villa or, as Mykoniatis says, used their yacht.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 07:25 AM

great suggestion Mykoniatis!!!!charter a boat just for yourself (crew will even ventilate fresh air...while cooling of on the deck.......<BR>if you wish to relax on-shore<BR>go for the Tsitouras Hotel in Santorini(ask the Noureev or Callas suite,...just to name 2 of 'AO' friends) and one of the villas of the Santa Marina (Starwood) in Mykonos<BR><BR>Do not forget to ask the private helicopter of Santa Marina's owner for your transfers.....<BR><BR>dreams.......