Search

The London Eye

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 09:06 AM
Terry

The London Eye

A friend and I are travelling to London on Friday, and the London Eye is one of the few specific attractions my friend has expressed interest in - I know it's sad, but what can you do? Anyway, the website lists a phone # for prebooking tickets, but I'd prefer to wait and see if we get a clearish day for the ride. Does anyone know whether prebooking is necessary for a weekday ride? Thanks for any input.

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 10:24 AM
Lori

We prebooked when we were there this spring (and had a clear day!) but from what we saw if you came early in the a.m. (by 9 o'clock) there was no problem in getting tickets for that day.

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 11:22 AM
lola

I don't think it's worth the wait--just a high-rise view with so much hype. It looks better from outside and is a wonderful icon, but no thrill. But you are being nice to your friend. Crowds were long this summer on weekdays but are probably smaller now. Go early, or even better, at sunset for a pretty sky.

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 11:23 AM
lent

I think prebooking is for all days and it has to be at least four days in advance. From our experience there, this summer, I also think that they leave the morning for first-come-first-served, and the prebookings start at 11 or so. We got there at 9:10 (on a Sunday, however) and were on the ride by 9:50 or so. Other travelers we spoke to (in line for the Ceremony of Keys) said they had the same experience on a weekday morning.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 12:00 AM
francesca

We got there at 10 on a weekday morning and got tickets for a slot at 11.00. The view is wonderful, though the trip is a bit long. I thought it was worth it.