Reload this Page >

CDG to medieval town of Senlis

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 03:18 PM
Sally

We are arriving at CDG and then spending a couple of days in the small medieval town of Senlis which is near Chantilly about 30 kilometers north of Paris. It is only a 15 minute drive from the airport. Does anyone know another way to get there from the airport other than taxi or rental car? <BR> I hope the strikes will be settled quickly!We took a taxi from there to the airport last time, and it seemed as expensive as going from Paris to CDG which is a lot farther.

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 06:25 PM
Michele

You may be able to take a train from CDG to Chantilly, where you can catch a bus to Senlis. I'm planning a daytrip to both Chantilly and Senlis and I got the impression that the only public transportation into Senlis is the bus. Don't know if that's right. <BR>Michele

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 07:22 PM
Sally

Thanks , I'll check on possible train schedules, although I have a feeling I might have to take a train into Paris and then transfer to another one.Senlis is a lovely town, and we are looking forward to seeing Chantilly this time. <BR>

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 07:35 PM
David

Sally <BR> <BR>You can catch the RER from CDG to Gare De Lyon, then the Metro to Paris Nord, then the train to Chantilly and then the Bus (Coach) to Senlis. <BR> <BR>It will take you about 2.5 hours to achieve this plus the enevitable carrying of your cases through, up and down the stairs of the Metro. I couldn't find out a price as the SNCF site isn't working correctly due to the Strike. <BR> <BR>David

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 12:11 AM
Ben Haines

Fodors <BR> <BR>I can add to David's userful note that the RER from CDG stops also at the Gare du Nord, and there are lifts there up to main platform level, for your train to Chantilly. <BR> <BR>Ben Haines, London <BR> <BR>