The Lodge in Kenmare

Search

The Lodge in Kenmare

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Lodge in Kenmare

Has anyone stayed at The Lodge B&B in Kenmare? Wondering what people thought of it.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 12:04 PM

We stayed at Willow Lodge in Kenmare([email protected]) and it was excellant.Well located,good breakfast and friendly hosts.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 12:07 PM

We stayed 2 nights at the Lodge in May last year. Found it very comnfortable, Clean and attractively furnished. The ladies who ran it were very pleasant, and provided an excellent breakfast.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 12:08 PM

I am assuming you meant THE Lodge, on Kilgarven Road.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 12:18 PM

I stayed in 2005 for 5 or 6 nights. It is very comfortable with good beds and baths. The owner and the ladies running the place were wonderful. I wasn't crazy with the one reception room( too much furniture). The rooms were smallish but had room for a round table and 2 comfortable chairs. The walk to Kenmare took this old slow-poke
lady a little over five minutes. My sons were there in about 3. We were on the ground floor( because of this slow old lady) and no views from the window at all. I could walk a little and sit on a bench and have wonderful views. Would I stay again? You betcha. To be honest, I'd love to have a few nights at The Park Hotel.
Irish57, you are doing a great job with your research and I know you'll have a wonderful time. Regards, Joan
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone who replied. I think I'll book it tonight!
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 02:43 PM

At the time I stayed, I received a discount for paying in cash, as I had two rooms it was a great help. Before I left home I had the amount I could withdraw from my checking account upped to I think around $600 per transaction.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 06:27 PM

The Lodge in Kenmare (this is the website: http://www.thelodgekenmare.com/ ) Is extremely nice. Do not expect to see a view as pictured on the homepage of their website. Rooms are extremely comfortable and clean. I had one on the second floor that was not small. It was more medium in size for a guest house. Breakfast was delish and the ladies running it were very handy with passing out tea and coffee on arrival or whenever you entered the lounge. It is a good choice.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:41 PM

I have to add a plus for Kenmare's The Lodge. We were there in Oct.'04, and stayed either 2 or 3 nights (can't quite recall). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in a comfortable, clean room with roomy bath and power shower, large closet, lovely furnishings, and comfortable bed! The neighborhood is quiet, too, yet only a short walk into town.

Breakfast was a treat, delicious, beautifully prepared and served in a pleasant dining room. There is also a gorgeous Waterford crystal chandelier in the entry, over the curving staircase -- very attractive setting.

The staff was so helpful and pleasant, including making dinner reservations and offering every assistance. While this is not the family-type B&B, which we also enjoy, we found The Lodge to be a refreshing change of pace.

Cheers, Irish 57! Have a wonderful trip.
Sue