The Last Supper

Mar 9th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

The Last Supper

The official site for purchasing advance tickets to the Last Supper does not have any tickets available for May 30 or 31, the only two dates that we can go. Is "The World Is Mine" a reputable company in trying to get tickets? Or, does anyone know a reputable company for trying to purchase advance tickets to The Last Supper?
Thanks.
Mar 9th, 2008, 06:20 PM

I booked thru "The World is Mine" Very happy with them. Would not have made it to Last Supper otherwise.
Mar 9th, 2008, 09:23 PM

When I went in September last year the site originally said there were no tickets for the day I wanted. But I kept checking every day and eventually got them a little closer to the date (about 6 weeks in advance). Don't give up - but monitor closely is my advice
Mar 10th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Dear enroute and aussiefive,
Thanks for the responses, which were both very helpful! Aussiefive, I might just bite the bullet and get the tickets now since it would be a shame to miss it! (And it would be our second time missing it!)
Glad to hear "The World is Mine" is reputable.
Ciao!
Mar 10th, 2008, 11:42 AM

JacquieK,

I had same exact reasoning after missing it three times. I finally paid the extra Eu6 per ticket and we got in easily, thanks to The Word is Mine.

One note, after I ordered through them, they were silent for a while and i wrote to them inquiring about the tickets. They reassured me that when the tix become available for that timeframe they will get them and send a confirmation. So you will receive it closer to the date.

Enjoy!
Mar 10th, 2008, 12:09 PM

Does the ticket include a reenactment of the Last Supper? Is there any food and wine in the deal or is it just to look at the picture?
Mar 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM

I have used www.initaly.com to book and two other times I called directly. I just googled and the direct # from the US is 011 39 02 8942 or 1146. I think that is the best way to do it. You do get a better choice of times and dates. It is not a party in there. You go in 20 ppl at a time. You go through special air controlled little areas. That is to protect the painting. It is amazing and I would certainly go again. I think you get to stay in about 15-20 mins. If you plan to call directly they are now 5 hours ahead of us due to our daylight savings time. They don't make the switch until the end of the month.
Mar 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM

Lawchick, you are kidding, right?
Mar 10th, 2008, 12:49 PM

I'm just asking.
Mar 10th, 2008, 12:54 PM

Sorry, no reenactment at the Chapel. Elsewhere, I have no idea.
Mar 10th, 2008, 02:23 PM

Please share "The WOrld is Mine" website.Thanks.
Mar 10th, 2008, 02:44 PM

This is what I used:

http://www.initaly.com/regions/artists/lastsupp.htm

email:

[email protected]

their direct link to the website

www.theworldismine.it

..for some reason is not responding, so please use the 'initaly' one above.

-enroute
Mar 13th, 2008, 08:48 PM

bookmarking... thanks for the site!
Mar 13th, 2008, 08:58 PM

So we are trying to fit in Milan to see the Duomo and Last Supper. We were planning on doing it as a stop, taking an AM train in from Lake Como, and then a PM train to Nice, FR (our next stay over). We're going to be traveling completely by train and our going to have backpacks.

Our backpacks allowed in the Duomo or The Last Supper? Does anyone know if the Milan train station has lockers?

I think I'll try posting this somewhere else too, but though I'd ask all you Last Supper experts since the other advice was so helpful. Thanks!
Mar 13th, 2008, 09:00 PM

Wow, our and are. Please forgive me, I do know the difference, it is late.
Mar 14th, 2008, 12:00 AM

if you are staying in Milano, ask the hotel to make reservations for you. Sometimes they may have special pull for getting you in when it seems to the general public certain dates may be booked.
Also, if push comes to shove, you can show up and hope for no shows.
There is one day in particular that you can go and queue up to get in...I believe it has been Monday? ....can't remember ..anyhoo good luck....and for the rest of you contemplating going, please reserve weeeeeeeell in advance.
Mar 14th, 2008, 05:09 AM

Russwuf, we showed up on the odd chance three times and were turned down. Last time I took no chances.

ebfitch,

I vaguely recollect that you had to check in larger bags at the Last Supper, but don't take my word. You should post a separate message with your luggage question in the title. Milano Centrale station should have luggage storage facility, but again, check with them directly or post separately.

-e
Mar 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Original Poster

Just as an update...I heard back from the world is mine--NO TICKETS! Darn it! Two times a failure. Word to others...BOOK YOUR LAST SUPPER TICKETS MANY, MANY MONTHS IN ADVANCE! Bummer!
Mar 17th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

New Update!
I saw on Rick Steves' web site that it's good to try calling the number for the last supper because they don't update their web site. I called and was able to get a reservation for our first choice! Even the World is Mine didn't offer me that!
Happy News!