The incredible Musée des Arts Forains - Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

There are still a few days left to freely visit this private place without having to reserve an annoying and very limited guided tour, so if you are in Paris at the moment for the year's end, I strongly suggest running there as quickly as possible if you are interested in seeing something out of the ordinary. You can go there starting at 10 am until January 2nd this time.

Here is the report I made about my visit on Tuesday: http://tinyurl.com/artsforains
Old Dec 28th, 2016, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much for posting that, Kerouac!! It was on my list and I was really excited about it until I figured out that you have to reserve for a guided tour after the 2nd. Really enjoy seeing the photos
Old Dec 28th, 2016, 01:06 PM

It looks like there are many many rooms to this place. Does it take hours to do it all justice?
Old Dec 28th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I have seen reports by people who have said they spent "all day" there even though they had not planned to do so. As a "standard" person, I would say that I consider 2 hours to be sufficient. It isn't huge although it is fully packed, and it all depends on the sense of wonder that it can activate in the visitor. I tend to never buy food or drink in such places, but that would obviously be a major factor in wanting to prolong one's visit, just like one's interest in the various performances. Plenty of people might want to return and see a number of them again. It's all quite personal, and that is what is great about this week, because people can stay as long as they want, unlike during the guided tours.

This time I think I arrived around 13:15 and left around 14:45 -- but since it was not my first time, it was probably a shorter time than a first time visitor.
Old Dec 28th, 2016, 03:05 PM

Wonderful photos as usual, kerouac.

In the past, when I've seen photos from this place, I always thought it seemed spooky.

I still do after looking at your pictures. But it does look interesting.