Search

the cheapest accomodation in venice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2005, 10:15 AM
iri
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the cheapest accomodation in venice

We are interested in a very cheap place to stay in/near Venice for 3 nights in august this year. All we want is to be clean and safe.
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 10:18 AM

Try here:
http://www.diaconiavaldese.org/venez...ia/index_e.htm

A double room is 58 Euros.
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 11:58 AM

Iri,

I stayed in Hotel Noemi when I was in Venice this past September. I dont think it is the cheapest accomodation possible, but compared to most Venice hotels it is pretty cheap, and the location is so amazing. I think it came out to 80 euros a person. That is VERY cheap for Venice. I dont know if the rates will be a little bit different for you since you are traveling at a different time of year, but it is definetely worth checking out.

It's definetely not a palace, just a cute little hotel in a nice and safe location. Meals are not included. There is a restaurant downstairs as well although I never ate there so I wouldnt be able to tell you what the food is like.

I highly reccomend this hotel. I was in Venice for 3 nights and this hotel was perfect in every way for me. Location, room size, cleanliness, etc.

Again, it's nothing spectacular but since you are hunting to find very cheap accomodations I'm sure you arent looking for anything outrageous. This hotel garuntees a great location and its very clean. They also have air conditioners which you are definetely not garunteed to find at all bargain hotels. Most bargain hotels actually dont have them,and for 80 euros a person (again you will have to check on this for seasonal price changes) its well worth it in the hot weather.

Let me know how it turns out for you.
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 12:04 PM

80 euro a person means 160 euro per night for two? That is reasonable for a nice place, but hardly what anyone would dare to call "cheapest accomodation in Venice"!
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 12:05 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Have you looked if there are any hostels? That's usually the cheapest bed in a town. Also I don't have a particular hotel to recommend but know around the train station are some less expensive options often mentioned.

You might also ask this question on the Lonely Planet website BB called The Thorn Tree. Loads of shoestring travelers post there.
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 12:11 PM

You might want to try

www.alcampaniel.com

Standard doubles (private bathroom outside of room) 50 to 82 Euros

Superior doubles (with en suite bathroom) 65 to 112 Euros
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 12:13 PM
ira

Hi iri,

I strongly urge you to stay IN Venice, even if it is a little more expensive. The best part of Venice is after the daytrippers go home.

Try http://www.eurocheapo.com/venice/lis...n/bernardi.asp
and
http://www.veniceby.com/campaniel/pages/booking.htm

Old Feb 26th, 2005, 12:21 PM

Patrick,

It certainly isnt the cheapest accomodation possible but 80 euros a person (yes coming out to $160 a night) is cheap for Venice. We all know that in Venice it can be hard to find places that are under 150 euros a person per night.

If each person in this particular case is paying their own way, 80 euro a person is not that bad. Especially because of the factor of the air conditioning(Italy is sweltering hot in August) and the location. Im sure you could pay a bit less if the location wasnt so good and the place was not so great. Certainly not the cheapest, but for Venice, one of the cheapest by far that I EVER found...and I searched up and down for cheap deals.