Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

The Champagne Bar at Le Sirenuse - open to lesser mortals?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be staying at Villa Rosa in Positano in June. It is across the street from Le Sirenuse and as I was looking at their webiste I noticed that they have a bar on the upper terrace called The Champagne Bar that serves drinks and appetizers till 1 AM. Is anyone familiar with this and do you know if it is possible to go to this bar without being a hotel guest? Sounds like a great way to end an evening even if it does break the bank. Thanks!
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:01 AM
ira

ttt
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Anyone? I guess we'll just have to find out for ourselves!
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:22 PM

Hang on. I have a friend who stayed there last year and I'll ask him.
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:28 PM

The people at the VR will tell you. They are very helpful.
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:31 PM

My husband and I stayed at Villa Rosa last July and we went to Le Sirenuse for coffee after dinner one night on their terrace. Not sure if this is the 'champagne bar' you are speaking of, but we were not asked if we were staying there. They were happy to get our euro for their overpriced drinks and same view as our room at villa rosa
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:45 PM

From my friend who stayed at VR:

" would think so, but our experience was that when we had dinner there, we were informed the tables adjacent to the windows were strictly reserved for hotel guests. But again, that was the restaurant. Having said that, the people at le Sirenuse were otherwise very accommodating to non-guests such as ourselves."
Old May 17th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

BUT then again, who needs their terrace when we can buy a bottle of champagne and drink it on our own terrace at Villa Rosa??!!!!! LOL
Old May 17th, 2006, 02:56 PM

Took my mere mortal friend for a drink there a few years ago.

Lo and behold ! As soon as we walked in through the doors to the hotel, the loudest of lightning from the heavens struck my mere mortal friend. With a puff of the whitest of white smoke, my friend turned into a small mound of dust on the ground where he stood.

Just kidding. I hope that it won't be a problem for you. Enjoy.
Old May 19th, 2006, 12:39 PM

I am a little late in adding my comments....

My first visit to Positano (in winter) I stayed at Le Sirenuse and loved it, can't wait to stay again in season.
Last year I went in June/July and stayed at Villa Franca (wonderful with rooftop pool, views++) and went for drinks at the Champagne Bar three out of the six nights I was there.

It is wonderful at sunset or late after dinner, staff could not have been nicer, terrace overlooking the sea and town, beautiful seating, candles, etc.

A dressy/casual/relaxed feel.....very enjoyable!

Visit the spa too......

Have a great time!
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM

I agree with some of the posters here - my husband and I visited Positano for the last four nights of our honeymoon (five years ago!) and we also had drinks in Le Sirenuse without any problems - and think it was the Champagne Bar also.

As it turns out, like Cassparker, we stayed in the Villa Franca and we absolutely loved the relaxed atomsphere in our hotel - rooms were fab - unbelievable sea views from balcony, staff friendly, bar and reception areas were decorated nicely, and rooftop pool with beautiful views was fab. I can't recommend it highly enough. Cannot wait to return to this hotel again sometime!

We had drinks with Le Sirenuse with two other couples we met at the bar in the Villa Franca bar where we all started talking about how much we liked our hotel so much and were also interested in checking out Le Sirenuse - had drinks there which were overpriced however the setting is beautiful - but you'll never know unless you go yourself.... and I don't think two drinks or so are going to break your bank! Check it out and have fun!