Reload this Page >

The BEST/Is it Worth it???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:10 AM
onlythebest

I want to stay in the BEST hotel; see only the BEST cathedral, eat in only the BEST restaurants. I have $100/night budgeted, and will need to squeeze my visit in between planes (have a 2 hr layover at Heathrow and a 1 hr layover at DeGaulle - can I squeeze in the BEST of London and Paris? I'll take the train downtown...) Oh, and I was thinking of visiting with the Pope in Rome - is it worth it???<BR><BR>How about a little realism??? You make your own great times! Every single place is worth seeing if you have the time! And every place you stay/shop/eat/visit will not be the BEST ever unless you make it so.<BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:18 AM
SiD

I personally think it's POINTLESS to stay at the "BEST" hotel at an destination cause I'm rarely at the hotel!!! I out sightseeing during the day and out to club/bars at nite. So my hotel rooms stay empty all the time.<BR><BR>A regular 3-4* hotel does it for me.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:29 AM
Singapore

I am one of the few that like to try and stay in the BEST hotels. I do like getting looked after and pampered by the hotel staff. After sightseeing all day I look forward cmong to a hotel to see my bed turned down and my slippers put next to the best. I enjoy finding a small piece of chocolate treat on the bed. I enjoy having a bathroom with so many products to try.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:39 AM
Karen

I don't understand. Are you trying to see London in 2 hours and Paris in 1 hour? You say you need to squeeze in visits between planes. You can barely get into the city and back in that time. But then you give a budget per night? Please clarify what you mean.<BR><BR>Also, $100 will not get you anywhere NEAR the best hotels in London. Decent 4* hotels are probably at least 180 pounds, which is more like $270.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:42 AM
I

...the BEST poster, I am SO COOL! I have the BEST attitude, the BEST budget, and the BEST idea of reality! <BR><BR>How about a little compassion, not to mention a sense of humor! A post is what you make it. With very few exceptions, there is something you can say to someone to ease their anxiety about traveling. Sneering at their questions, even if subjective, will neither lighten their day - or yours.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:37 AM
trying

And what is the Best of the Best? I saw such a title recently.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:04 PM
YouCannotBe

Karen, honey - His first paragraph was a JOKE! Did you actually take it seriously????