thanx from the three amigos

Jul 28th, 2002, 06:59 AM
chay hobson

thanx from the three amigos

I would just like to thank everyone who has used the three amigos over the past 2 years. Due to reasons beyond my control I have decided to close down the company and return to Scotland to be with my family for a while (I believe these reasons have already been broadcast over this message board ...) If anyone is interested in tours in Rome I would recommend you use Roman holidays, you can contact them at www.romanholidaytours.com (the other 2 amigos now work for this company) Once again thanks for your support and all the kind words from the people who went from tourists to friends and my apologies to those I may have let down during my trouble. If anyone would like to contact me for information on Rome then feel free......
C'e vediamo presto!!!!!!!

Jul 28th, 2002, 11:07 AM
xxx

ttt

Jul 31st, 2002, 02:23 AM
joanne

Just like to thank you for our tour of ancient Rome and hope everything works out for you Chay..

Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:02 PM
Anna

I guess this is why you didn't bother show up at our hotel on Monday, July 22, as we had previously agreed, for our private tour of St. Peters, the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel. A phone call to our hotel would have been the considerate thing to do Chay, but instead we waited for you for 1/2 an hour and then just gave up and went on without you and had a great time.

Aug 4th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Anna

My condolences to Chay and his family. I wasn't aware of his father's death.

Aug 4th, 2002, 06:02 AM
frank

to the person with the bitch comment(one very ignorant s**)
You happen to be wrong with the dates. His father died 20 days before that. I can understand people being let down immediately afterwards but 20 days later?? I see things are getting back to normal as he is now managing to advertise again (and why not? I have no problems with that before anyone comments)

Aug 4th, 2002, 08:59 AM
ttt

ttt

Aug 4th, 2002, 09:18 AM
xxx

Advertising the fact that you're closing your business is not exactly the same as trawling for customers.

Aug 4th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Wanda

Although I am appalled by the vicious slur language of posts on this thread, it does seem to beg the question: why did chay hobson post here and then not come back to answer this question?

and where were the other two amigos, if there was a personal family problem that required an unforeseeable no-show? didn't they have an obligation to the company's clients?

A black stain on the company where they work now, it seems to me.

And a bit shameful of chay to use this forum to use this forum to promote their services there.

If it really was posted by him.

Aug 4th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Anonyimouse

Why would two people who left an original business to work somewhere else have an obligation to the original business? After you leave the employ of a business, would you go back to help it out? Probably not.

And just because Chay mentioned an alternative source should not cause a black mark on that source. Let that own business garner its own reputation, but the mention of it only seemed to be an innocent recommendation.

Aug 4th, 2002, 10:37 AM
xxx

Did chay say that the the other two amigos had already left the company before the no-show on July 22?

and <<innocent recommendation>>?

It's a direct reference, promoting the company where two former business partners now work. And probably self-motivated. How many unsettled debts do chay and these guys share?

Aug 4th, 2002, 11:29 AM
anon

xxx
and my guess is that eventually he hopes to return to continue his tours.How niave of that poster to call it an innocent recommendation!!! anyway I have nothing against the advertising but let's not fool anyone its innocent!

Aug 5th, 2002, 09:44 AM
xxx

I see that the clean-up crew used some spot remover onthis thread.

So evidently, SOMEone who works at Fodors has some very fine-toothed comb screening at their disposal.

and the ability to sanitize threads right down to the post.

As a corollary, the evidently do not feel that there is a violation of the forum policy to have a promotional mention of www.romanholidaytours.com by an ex-associate of two current employees.

Interesting.

Aug 5th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Melissa

Don't even bother emailing Roman Holiday tours. I have emailed them twice requesting information without any response.

Aug 5th, 2002, 06:23 PM
trish

I can't understand why you had trouble with roman holiday tours. I e-mailed them yesterday(Sunday) and had a very nice reply from them this morning

Aug 5th, 2002, 11:59 PM
ttt

ttt

Aug 6th, 2002, 06:14 AM
tally

I too have emailed Roman Holiday x2 (with in 6 days) and still no reply

Aug 6th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Jump

Don't know Chay, never used 3 Amigos, already have had enough tours of Rome to last my lifetime, but...
those of you who ite no response to your emails, consider this:
email can get lost anywhere along the way. Though in common usage and usually reliable, it is highly complex electronics and requires careful, consistent attention to run smoothly. If you don't get a reply, then send again at least once or twice over a few days. (Ponder point: This is Italy, for land's sakes - have you ever used the train system in Italy?)

Aug 6th, 2002, 07:33 AM
joanie

Jump, you need help! have you even been to italy, dearie? talk about trains, you ought to see what we have to commute on every week.

Aug 24th, 2002, 03:25 PM
kat

ttt