Search

Thanks, lreynolds!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, lreynolds!

Hi laurie,
I just wanted to say thank you for your Lisbon walk and restaurant suggestions. We've used you as pretty much our entire guidebook and we've had a wonderful time! We went to O Mercado and Tasquinha d'Adelaide, both of which I believe you recommended, I bought gifts of gloves for my sisters at Ulisses (so incredibly tiny!), we took the tram everywhere, and did most of your walk in two days because we stopped so many places.

One thing I can recommend to you because I don't think it existed when you were here. When you walk towards the two-level lookout and on the same side of the street, there's a small shop that sells Indian silks and clothing and it's called Look N or something like that. At first glance, it seems like a tiny two-room shop but if you wander through the warren of little rooms you eventually come out at a beautiful terrace overlooking the rooftops of Lisbon. The terrace is dotted with colourful umbrellas made of mirrored indian fabric, there's a lovely fountain, cool drinks and a beautiful view. Next time you're in Lisbon, seek it out.

Thank you again for your wonderful suggestions. If you read my living in London thread, you'll find more of what we've done here in Lisbon.

gtg
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 01:51 PM

goddestogo. How gracious of you. It is always nice to read a thank you for help given. As someone who has also used lots of Laurie's ideas in Portugal I can vouch for her help and her suggestions. They are always right on.
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 03:29 PM

Another vote of gratitude for Laurie's generosity with information and help when planning a Portugal trip. She's the best!!
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 04:58 AM

Aw shucks, guys, I'm blushing. Seriously, I get so much help and advice from this forum that I sort of think it's just a case of "what goes around comes around."

But anyway,gtg, I'm glad you liked the walk and the restaurants. I'm happy to hear Tasquinha is open, because a friend of ours was there in the spring and it was closed, and he said it looked like it hadn't had activity in a while. For a non-fish dinner in Lisbon, I think it's a very good choice.

I got my daughter a pair of gloves at Ulisses when she visited us when we were in Lisbon a few years ago, and she loves them dearly. I thought they had a very good price/quality ratio.

I'll be back in Lisbon next March and will look for the store you describe, I know exactly where you mean. It must be close to that Argentine BBQ place. And I look forward to reading your post on the other thread.
Laurie
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 07:28 AM

Laurie. We are just giving credit where credit is due. But you are welcome anyway.
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 07:31 AM

Laurie's info was invaluable when I went to Lisbon/Sintra last Thanksgiving. Thank you again.
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 05:03 PM

Please, I couldn't find Ireynold1 info about Lisbon is it possible to you to direct me?
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 05:21 PM

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...-lisbon.cfm?56

Or you can click on her screen name and see everything she has originated or commented on.
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 06:13 PM

Thank you very much Adrienne, now I saw that I did the search on trip reports and not on what she commented
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 06:30 AM

Olá, the name of the shop mentioned above is "Lost In." Note: on its sign and logo, it is spelled "Lost N."

I just happen to live in the neighborhood. Looking forward to posting more about my beautiful city!