Reload this Page >

THANK YOU and Trolley Service ? Dover to Paddington and Dover to Lymington

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:40 AM
marge

I want to thank everyone who has answered my questions while planning our trip. <BR><BR>Here is one more before we leave on Monday for London. On our return to London on Tues. 10 Sept is via Waterloo Station the best route (least amount of changes and EZ walk to next train for 70s year olds)? One of us will take the 0820 from Dover to Paddington on her way to Heathrow or should she do Victoria station? Can Paddinton take luggage now for the Heathrow Express?<BR><BR>The other couple is 0820 Dover to Lymington. <BR><BR>When I pull both trips up today Waterloo was the only one it showed. <BR><BR>What is a Trolley Service? Just a cart or can we ask a porter to transport our bags at London Waterloo.<BR><BR>Thank you again, Marge

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:47 AM
david west

A trolley service is a cart with refreshments, beers, snacks etc on.<BR><BR>Usually cold coffee and warm beer.<BR><BR>I'm a bit confused about your route. You can get from Waterloo to Paddington on the tube, bakerloo line. Not particularly hard, but escalators etc.<BR><BR>I go through Waterloo every day and don't remember seeing a porter carrying baggage. <BR><BR>I'll ask there tonight for you. <BR>

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 03:35 PM
janis

Marge: I'm with David - a bit confused. maybe with all the last minute excitement you are in a bit of a muddle. Please post the different trips again and maybe we can figure it out.<BR><BR>Is it one person traveling from Dover to LHR and the other two going from Dover to Lymington? I am confused because you mention "our return on Tues. Sept 10 is via Waterloo" but two of you end up in Lymington.<BR><BR>As David says - a trolly is a refreshment trolley on the train. Not a porter service at the station. You will probably have to handle your own luggage - another reason to pack light and and use a case w/ wheels

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 05:30 PM
marge

I'll try again, sorry. <BR><BR>Terry is going from Dover to LHR. What is the EZ route for her? She is 75. <BR><BR>M & E are Dover to Lymington what is the EZ route for us? E is 71.<BR><BR>Oh! we are trying to pack light. Repacking right now.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:28 PM
janis

Marge: ben haines posted a Dover &gt; LHR route some time back and someone topped it for you a few minutes ago. look for thread titled "For Cruises: Between Dover and Heathrow airport London"<BR><BR>I thought I remembered from your earlier theads you were renting a car to drive Dover &gt; Lymington and around the new Forest etc. Do you now want to do it via public transport? Driving would be your best bet since the area you will be staying is much more convenient to tour around by car.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 07:40 AM
marge

Janis, No, I decided not to drive. My husband doesn't do well in OUR roundabouts. It didn't seem to be safe after I found that out. <BR><BR>I have all the posts in case something changes. <BR><BR>I just can't handle trying to get the 'correct' answers when traveling. We have been messed up by wrong info too many times both here in the US and Europe. So I plan ahead the best I can.