Search

Heathrow to Kings Cross - Car Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heathrow to Kings Cross - Car Service

Hi, Fodorites.

Asking for a friend (truly) as she and her mother will need to get from Heathrow to Kings Cross. Mother has mobility issues, so I told them they should hire Just Airports to meet them at arrivals and take them.

Questions:
  1. There are a couple websites that come up for "Just Airports." I assume the right link is justairports.com (justairports dot com). Can anyone confirm?
  2. If they decide to quote other car services, should I recommend ExclusiveAirports and Blackberry? (They seem to be mentioned here and at another travel site.)
  3. This is a Saturday, 9-10 am arrival. Do you imagine traffic will be slow? (I believe they have a flexible train ticket, but not 100% certain.)
Thanks, as always, for confirmation/suggestions!
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Also, am I correct in remembering the distance from T2 to the tube station is a bit of a hike, isn't it? The mother will have wheelchair assistance from plane to arrivals, but I don't believe the airline's wheelchair assistance goes beyond arrivals.
Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have used https://www.justairports.com/ (recommendation from janisj years ago - thank you! )many, many times, and they have never let me down. however, I have never asked for a wheelchair. They meet you at arrivals, and then you have to walk to the car in the car-park (10 minutes?). They will help you with your luggage.

I would not consider taking the underground under any circumstances. The Underground in London is a nightmare for anyone with luggage, and even worse for anyone who has mobility issues. I know this, as I live here! You can take the Paddington Express from Heathrow, but it is quiet a schlep for someone that needs a wheelchair, and I would not recommend it. When you get to Paddington, you have to get on the Bakerloo (awful line) to King's cross.

Traffic is generally light on Saturday morning, but you never know, anything can happen. This is why I generally either buy a flex ticket, or leave loads of time between my arrival and getting to centre of the city and taking a train.

Regards … Ger
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, OReilly64, for the feedback and the website confirmation. (There's another site with dot london that comes up.) I believe the mother will be fine to walk to the car park, as long as they can go a bit slowly. (But perhaps they may check with the car service to see if a chair is available.) They're traveling due to a family issue, rather than a holiday, so it's been sprung on them. I've always used the tube to/from LHR, and recall it's a bit of a walk.

Again, thank you! I've forwarded this thread, along with others re: the car service, to my friend.
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 10:00 AM

Last spring we used Blackberry ( BlackberryCars.com ) for three of us to go from Heathrow T5 to Euston Station on a Sunday morning. The cost was £44. We were very happy with their service.
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, MaineGG. I'd heard Blackberry was good, too. And at £44, they appear to be less expensive. I'll report back when/if my friend books a service.
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 02:56 PM

I'ver used both Just Airports and Blackberry and was satisfied with both. This next year I might consider Addison as I saw more of their drivers at T3 last year than any other company. I believe they're good too. I really don't think there's a great difference in pricing but I seldom compare. I know that if you pay in cash, Just Airports is cheaper.
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 07:47 PM

In case they haven't seen it, here is the airport's own information on assistance for people with mobility issues:

​https://www.heathrow.com/airport-guide/special-assistance/how-to-get-help
Old Nov 6th, 2018, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, all, for the feedback and reassurance. And for the link, Patrick. I'll send that along to them. Fodorites are so helpful!