Search

THANK YOU!

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2001, 03:57 AM
Art

THANK YOU!

I want to thank the kind, nice person that gave me such good, constructive advice about my atrocious spelling. My spelling is better now. Many thanks. <BR> <BR>Art

Old May 8th, 2001, 04:04 AM
Ursula

Glad to hear that! ;-)

Old May 8th, 2001, 05:35 AM
nancy

Art, <BR>both my sister and my son are atrocious spellers, and I love them too!

Old May 8th, 2001, 07:50 AM
cmt

Art (the real Art), that wasn't really you posting above, was it?

Old May 10th, 2001, 09:31 AM
J. W. Larson

It is refreshing to see someone accept criticism so gracefully. If a person has a strong, healthy ego and is secure within themselves, they don't fly into a rage when someone offers them accurate, constructive criticism.

Old May 10th, 2001, 12:33 PM
Art

No, I did not start this post, and unfortunately my spelling hasn't gotten any better. I just use spell check more often. <BR>Thanks for noticing. <BR>Regards <BR>Art <BR>

Old May 10th, 2001, 01:47 PM
tmi

i thunk fi yiu cin"t spill yor dom+t beling om thes stie.

Old May 10th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Greg

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I just use spell check more often. &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; <BR> <BR>I suspect that many of us would be lost without the ole spell check. <BR> <BR>I know I would be. ;-) Sometimes I'm too lazy to even use the spell check. LOL <BR> <BR>Told yah that we were copy and pastin' sonsasguns over at AOL. ;-)

Old May 10th, 2001, 02:55 PM
Gerry

<BR> <BR> <BR>how do you get spell check to work on the post a reply board? I have never been able to. <BR>I agree totally with tmi whatever he said.

Old May 10th, 2001, 03:02 PM
nancy

still love you ,Art!

Old May 10th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Greg

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;how do you get spell check to work on the post a reply board? I have never been able to. &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; <BR> <BR>Uhhh oh. Here comes some more copy and pastin'. LOL <BR> <BR>I copy and paste my post over to either an AOL window, you gottah have AOL, and right click on the mouse. A spell check option is available in their software. <BR> <BR>Or I copy and paste it over to the word processor. Microsoft in my case. That also has a nice spell check and grammer feature, but as I said, I often times am too lazy to do that. LOL <BR> <BR>Then I paste the content of my post over to the Fodors posting window. <BR> <BR>So when I fail to spell check, that means that you'll see all about my *tarvel plams* and my *itnenerary* for this year's trip. LOL <BR>

Old May 10th, 2001, 03:55 PM
Gerry

Greg: <BR> <BR>Thanks. It's always good to learn something new. But, I don't like more work. No I don't have AOL and don't want them. Do have Microsoft Word though. <BR>Now that I know, I guess I have no excuse. I won't complain about your misspellings if you don't complain about mine. I promise. <BR> <BR>Gerry

Old May 11th, 2001, 02:24 AM
Ursula

We do NOT complain about anything on this board, right? <BR>We are here to give good and firsthand advice!! ;-)

Old May 11th, 2001, 04:12 AM
Greg

Yeah people should know the options available. <BR> <BR>In fact AOL requires you to listen to one of their AOL introduction courses before you can actually become a member. <BR> <BR>Part of the tape sounds like this: <BR> <BR>Put your mouse cursor in front of the text you want to paste. Then highlight the the text by left clicking the mouse. Contiue to click while you highlight the text. Then click on copy or cut. Then paste the text in the selected posting window. Congratulations, you have mastered the art of copy and paste. ;-) <BR> <BR> <BR>And I wanta tell you this tape is just real interesting. Not funny mind yah, but *real* interesting. ;-)

Old May 11th, 2001, 04:20 AM
Daniel Webster

Why waste all the effort copying and pasting? Why not just learn to spell?

Old May 11th, 2001, 04:29 AM
Greg

Learn to spell??? And do things the hard way??? Sheesshhh What, are you some kind of trouble maker or something? ;-)

Old May 11th, 2001, 06:59 AM
The

Why not keep a dictionary by your computer? Isn't traveling about learning new things, such as history, people, places etc.? Why not learn to spell words in your own language?

Old May 11th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Art

It's easier to learn to spell in German or Polish (once you learn the sounds of the alphabet, excuse me alfabet" than in English. <BR>Regards <BR>Art <BR>

Old May 11th, 2001, 10:09 AM
Dave

A more interesting question is when do you use Native spellings versus your own country's spellings. For example, when do you use Munich versus Munchen (with the umlaut). <BR> <BR>

Old May 11th, 2001, 10:12 AM
Gerry

I'm a product of Catholic school education and have a University degree and law degree. I have Webster next to my computer. I still have trouble spelling. And worse, as Greg pointed out, my computer produces lots of typos (due to my self taught typing?). I can barely see them since I'm half blind from all my study. <BR>But, of course Ursula, I would never complain on this board. At least not about anyone else. And certainly not about you. <BR> This is not spell checked. Id lux gud du mee. <BR> <BR>Gerry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -