Search

Thalys TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thalys TROUBLE

Hi, I'm hoping for help ASAP!!!

I ordered 5 Thalys tickets on the TGV-Europe website from Amsterdam to Paris, one-way, on February 17, 2009.

The required paper tickets have not yet arrived at my home in NYC. We leave in about 10 days.

TGV-Europe customer service is not at all helpful.

Should I buy replacement tickets at home in NYC, or wait until I get to Amsterdam and try to get them to give me paper tickets with my email confirmation and my credit card?

What do think is the best course?

Many thanks.
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:34 AM

Did you choose the option that tickets that would be mailed to you? When I have purchased Thalys tickets, I have never been able to select a country other than for a few countries in northern Europe, so I always selected the self-print option. Were you able to select the USA?

I would try telephoning again.
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:24 AM

Hmmm...I purchased the same one way ticket for April and it gave me the print tickets at home option, which was really convenient.

I guess once you arrive Amsterdam, go to their ticket booth and sort it out with them there. 2nd option sounds better cause you can always buy replacement tickets there (preferably online) a few days in advance.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 05:33 AM

Twice I have ordered paper tickets online from SNCF.com and received them in the mail (Florida), in spite of leaving the 'country' as France on the site. In both cases, the tickets arrived within 10 days or so from the order date. There is NO guarantee, however, that Sncf or Thalys tickets will be mailed to the US (unless you use the RailEurope site).

You can go to the International ticket window at Schiphol and hopefully obtain them. Have you bought trip insurance yet (might consider this if the timing still fits within the 'waiver' window, usually 15 days from first payment toward trip).
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 05:37 AM
ira

Hi lg,

Did you get an email confirmation number?

Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 05:37 AM
ira

PS,
Have you checked your CC to see if you have been charged?