Reload this Page >

Thalys reservation help needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 12:48 PM
jean

I would like to make reservations for the Thalys train from Paris CDG to Brussels, but returning to Paris Nord. I can't figure out how to do this on the SNCF site since the return station is different. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know if it is possible to book the mini fare out of one station and returning to another? We are travelling Sept 20, CDG to Brussels and returning to Paris Nord on Sept 24. Thanks for all your suggestions. Jean

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 02:05 PM
judith

Jean, I booked my Thalys reservations by directing calling RailEurope on their toll-free phone number in the USA. If you search on-line you'll find they have a website with all the ticket/route information and their phone number. I believe it's something like www.raileurope.com.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 02:54 PM
Christina

I think it may be that by definition a RT train fare is to/from the same station. If not, you should be just booking two separate tickets. It isn't really like airfare where it's best to book a RT at the same time even if the return airport is different as there is only one train system on this route. There is no price advantage that I know of for trying to book it as a RT versus two separate tickets. I'm not sure of this scenario, but I think so.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 09:31 PM
BTilke

I did the opposite for my brother-in-law (coming up to Brussels from Gare du Nord and returning to CDG) but used the Thalys web site--www.thalys.com. I didn't have any problems. <BR> <BR>BTilke

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 04:46 AM
dave

Jean, I got a great fare on the Thalys train using the Belgian Railways website. www.b-rail.be <BR> <BR>Any questions e-mail me.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Jean

Thanks for all the responses. <BR> <BR>Judith, I checked the RailEurope site. It will let me book the trains I want, but the lowest fare they offer is $98US rt per person. The 2nd class mini fare if only 326FFR (about $44US) per person. <BR> <BR>Christina, the Thalys mini fare requires that roundtrip be booked. <BR> <BR>Btilke, the Thalys site to order and pay by internet, pickup at any Belgian station. When I click on the option for reservations in France I can an "unable to find" error. How did you accomplish this? <BR> <BR>Dave, I also tried the b-rail.be site. Again, it tells me my only option is pickup up tickets in Belgium. Any idea what I am doing wrong? <BR> <BR>I really appreciate all you help. I know there has to be away to do this. Jean

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 04:14 AM
jean

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 05:38 AM
dave

Sorry Jean.., I thought you could arrange to pick up in France as well. Try e-mailing them directly to see if this could be an option.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 02:01 PM
jean

Dave, I sent SNCF an email and they suggested I call them directly to reserve/pay for tickets. I can than pick them up in France. I may have to do this. <BR> <BR>Btilke, did your brother-in-law pick up the tickets in France? Can you tell me how you accomplished this? Thanks, Jean

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 10:59 PM
BTilke

Jean, no I picked them up in Brussels and sent them to the secretary at his office in Paris (he works in the U.S. and Paris). I'll be on vacation in Austria for the next 10 days, but I sent an email to Thalys asking how they could be picked up in France. <BR>BTilke

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 01:53 PM
jean

Btilke, thank you. That's so very nice of you. I know if we were using the same station roundtrip I could book it over the SNCF site. It's the combo of Paris CDG/Paris Nord that is causing all my frustration. <BR> <BR>Thanks again and have a wonderful time in Austria. <BR>Jean