Search

TGV reservation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 09:47 AM
Stanley Lepelstat

TGV reservation

Last time in Europe found making reservations for the TGV was cheaper in France than the USA.Due to a tight schedule,I will have to make some reservations in the states.Anybody know of a reasonable service over the internet.

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 12:14 PM
xxx

Try making them at the French railway web site, www.scnf.com.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 10:54 AM
Christina

no, I can't swear to this but I think in the US, Raileurope is the only one licensed to make SNCF reservations (and they are partly owned by them, or used to be, probably why). They have a markup which I don't think is so bad on big tickets if you need the reservation (I think it's a fixed fee so is not so bad on major tickets, but very bad on small amounts). Other than that, you can reserve on the SNCF website itself (which is www.sncf.com, above post has typo). However, your timing is limited on that as to when you can pickup the tickets after reserving. If it's just your time in Europe is tight, do it online just before you go over and pick up your ticket within a few days and you'll be fine. There is then no markup on the tickets. Read the rules on the SNCF site as to when you have to pickup ticket from reservation date if you plan something farther out than reserving a few days before going (you must reserve online and say you'll pick them up in France).

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 02:59 PM
Liz

This past June, we made TGV and sleeper reservations from the US through www.euraide.de

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 06:52 PM
xxx

Your local AAA office can provide your ticket for the TGV. No surcharges or markups.